
Dear E.T.,
I walked in on you this evening, sitting so innocently in the middle of my living room floor, and I have to tell you: you scared the ever living crap right out of me! What on earth were you doing there? Did Gabe play with you up until bedtime, then leave you to "greet" me when I came home from work? Did you think you'd have a little fun, seeing if you could make a soon-to-be-middle-aged-lady pee her pants?
Well, it almost worked. Look, I'm sorry that Gabe only likes you when it's daylight outside. Can you blame him? You have to admit, that long neck and big head looks freaky in the dark. I don't care how cute you were in the movie (and the book, too...yep, I read it); after the sun sets, your cuteness disappears and you become downright scary. Afterall, you are an alien. And after watching Signs one too many times (yes I let Gabe watch Signs; it's one of our favorite movies!), an alien in the house at bedtime is not something we desire.
I'm sure come morning, Gabe will want to feed you and dress you and play with you. Until then, lay low, dude. I can't take it when you want to play with me...
Sincerely,
Heather
23 comments:
That would scare me to death.
I love that Gabe only wants to play with him during the day... you know, my boy hasn't seen ET yet... we need to change that!
I've got a scarecrow staked in the ground near a tree by my front door. I walked out there tonight and jumped about 2 feet in the air. We've joked that we should leave it in one of our neighbors cars to mess with em.
I saw ET at the drive in with my parents about 100 years ago.
I laughed when I saw E.T.'s photo...than cracked up at the thought of you walking in the door and freaking out when you saw him in the living room. Too funny.
Then, tattooedminivanmom cracked me up even more. Could you imagine going to your car and getting in and seeing a scarecrow. hahaha
Oh my eye makeup is running!
Thanks for the giggles this morning!
OMG, that is so funny. I can see you jump. Morgan has an Iron Man cut out in the basement and that thing scared me 3 times before I finally got smart and moved it. Oh, yeah, almost middle aged, shut the hell up.
I don't blame ya Gabe! E.T. is one scary looking dude!
How funny! I remember when ET came out! That could be a little scarey at night!
-Sandy Toes
He's sitting there, all, "Dude...I wanted a beer...not water. Now I gotta phone home!"
Lame joke, I know. But for some strange reason I wanna give him a cigar. Before Gabe gets up, that is.
As a kid I did not like E.T. as an adult I tolerate him and his movie but he is still very very freaky!
I love this photo! Hahaha. And the music is perfect. Great post.
Ahh yes... the "stuffed toy turns intruder"... been there.. piddled that....
That made me smile! I remember when we had our dog fixed she went through nesting while recovering from surgery. I kept finding stuffed animals on the stairway - I'd pick them up - and they would return. The scary thing was that no body was home but me! I found out later that Casie was stealing them and making a nest in the closet for her puppies she thought she was going to have.
OMG!! I WOULD have peed my pants and I am middle aged!
ET Phone Home my friend!
Too funny!!!
I don't know, he looks kind of cute to me. Maybe in the dark though...not so much.
I would have almost peed my pants too! That's too much. LOL
ET is showing on tv right now. I'm tempted to see if my 2 year old would like it or not. I know it scared the poo out of my first son when he was about 4.
I so peed my pants. Ha ha. That's great.
Freak-E. That would've scared me too!!
You read the ET book? I guess we can still be friends. :)
Oh my!! I love love love ET! I had that doll when I was little. :) Although, if I saw it at my kitchen table, I would scream!
ET needs to go phone home now....looks like he's enjoying his beverage a little bit too much. Too funny!
Yeah I would be screaming too. I hate things that look so real in the dark.
I loved it though, reminded me of my youth and that movie.
Too funny... especially that Gabe only wants to play with it during the day!
And Signs is one of my fave movies! I think its a great story... and you can never go wrong with Joaquin Phoenix.
Awwww I LOVE ET! You know, my hubby has NEVER seen the movie. Yeah, I know - ridiculous!
I think he is rather cute. :)
~melody~
Post a Comment