Did I look away for more than a second?
How on earth did this daughter of mine go from a fuzzy black-haired red-faced baby to this twirling blond-haired freckle-faced beauty?
I swear just yesterday she was biting her big brother on the arm ("I promise I won't eat Elijah anymore, Mommy, I promise"), insisting on wearing a pink boa and polka-dot rain boots with nothing but a pull-up, and playing Barbies 24-7.
Now she has a better social life than I do. Constant invitations for playdates and sleepovers and birthday parties. More friends than I can count. She is a genuinely kind person, and people flock to her side, drawn to her sweet personality.
Isabel is such a gift to our family. I hope she always knows just how beautiful she truly is, inside and out. I am in no rush, but it will be wonderful to see what God has planned for her life.



"Youth is, after all, just a moment...but it is the moment, the spark that you always carry in your heart."
(Raisa Gorbachev)
BTW, the song playing (Burn for You by Tobymac) was Isabel's first choice to go with this post. I love that she prefers Christian music to any other kind...we have so danced and sang and bonded over these tunes.
BTW, the song playing (Burn for You by Tobymac) was Isabel's first choice to go with this post. I love that she prefers Christian music to any other kind...we have so danced and sang and bonded over these tunes.

13 comments:
Where does the time go?
Beautiful little girl!
Do you live on the hill from "The Sound Of Music"?
She is beautiful! Yes they grow up to fast -- My son is about to be 14 and he only listens to Christian Rock! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --
Anissa
Your little girl is beautiful! Did you take those photo's they are AWESOME!
Daddy is going to be standing at the door with a shotgun when she becomes a teen!!! She is so beautiful!! Perfect mix of the two of you!
Those photos are beautiful!!!
Give my little duckling a kiss from aunt Chelle.
Wow...What pictures! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!
I know Isabel is such a gift to you. God had it all planned out for you to be her mother...how cool!
Having daughters is the BEST!
OH MY HEAD...that third picture almost made me weep. WEEP, Heather. Seriously.
Enlarge it...16x20 size...and frame. Or else I'm breaking up with you.
She is gorgeous--and I love that she looks like Joe and you.
she is suck a beauty, really. (I think she gets it from her mom) You are going to have to keep a very close eye on that one in the next few years, well maybe not so much her but those boys.
I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!! I'm in love with the contents of the box. I ripped it open like a kid at Christmas!!! YAY!!! I love the cards. I've really wanted to get into card making, and you have so inspired me!! Tonight, I'm going to play with everything!! Thank you Swap Fairy!!!!
What a gorgeous girl! It amazes me too... how quickly they grow up. And how hormonal they have become.
What a sweet and tender post. She is really adorable and so fun to hear about. Again the pictures are amazing.....
Holy Moly--she is GORGEOUS!
I'm so feeling better now...thank you for the sweet comment!
What a great way to honor your girl.
She is gorgeous... she just radiates light.
Post a Comment