
We have lived in six different homes. Six years ago, we built our "forever home" in a great community with excellent schools and terrific (for the most part) neighbors. Three babies, countless job changes (Joe), a little bit of drama here and there, vacations, an anniversary cruise, the deaths of loved ones, three pets (four, if you count the hamster), a new church family...just a summary of the last twelve years. We were only twenty-two when we were married (what were we thinking?). We have grown up together since then, and honestly, I wouldn't have had it any other way. What a blessing to be able to look back and say, "I wouldn't change a thing". God has had His hand on our marriage from the start, and in this day of short marriages and easy divorces done online, it's obvious that He is the reason we are still standing here today.
No, not every day is romantic and sweet. My husband does not leave me love notes throughout the house. I don't lovingly do his laundry while he is playing computer games. In fact, there are times that this marriage gig is just plain hard.
But then, there are times when he uses his hard-earned money to buy me a laptop computer, knowing how much I want one. He can build anything, fix anything, and all it takes is a suggestion from me, and ten minutes later he is on his way to Home Depot to buy the supplies. He is an awesome father, and our kids mean the world to the both of us. This family is our priority, and our job choices alone highlight this. Joe is a high school math teacher for teens with behavioral issues; I am a nurse. We hardly ever need a babysitter; our schedules allow for one of us to be home all the time.
God knew what He was doing when he joined the two of us together, even if we were too young and immature to know it ourselves. We are now surrounded by friends and family who love us and love each other, and it's a great place to be. Happy Anniversary, honey. I love you!

20 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!
What a sweet tribute to your husband. Michael and I celebrated our twelfth anniversary this year, too - back in March. It was a good year to get married :-)
AWW! Happy Anniversay! We just made our 14 years and we got married at 21.I love him to death! Our wedding song was keeper of the stars and it fit to a tee! Thanks for sharing enjoy your day with you husband. Much Love
Anissa
Happy Anniversary!!!!
What a wonderful story.
Isn't love grand! My you and your Beloved continue to be blessed.
Happy Anniversary! Wonderful tribute and so honest and true. Marriage is hard work, but I think it is sooo worth it.....
Happy anniversary! Have a great weekend!
May you have many more happy years to come. Your dad and I made it to 33 years before he passed away. And I still miss him so much. I know you take care of yourselves and that is very important for a long life together. I love you all and God bless you.
I love happy journeys.
Congratulations girl.
Here is to a lifetime of love and laughter.
So happy for you. I agree that marriage is not all we thought that it would be but look at what a wonderful famiy you have. Thanks for letting us share in your day.
You guys are a great, fun couple with a beautiful family. You should be so proud of yourselves. No, it is not always easy, but at least you can face your challanges together!
Happy Anniversary Heather and Joe!
Soooooooooooooo good! Soooooooooooo loving. Y'all are blessed! And I just love you to pieces!
And I love your wedding picture...y'all look all of 17 years old.
this made me cry and freaking pms has been gone for over a week. well written
How sweet this was. I love this post!! Isn't it great to love our husbands (yes, even when they are butts)
I love it that we both posted about our love story today!
Happy Anniversary!!! and congrats!!!
Happy Anniversary to you. I can tell that God sure did do something right by bring you two together. It is so nice when it works out.
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
I love hearing love stories such as yours. It makes me feel better that there are couples out there who truly love each other and make marriage what it truly is and should be.
how wonderful how he just came into your life and swept you off your feet! Happy Anniversary!!!
we are an October couple too. almost 15 years. oh my.
What a wonderful tribute to your marriage and hubby! You two are just beautiful in your wedding finery. Clayton and I were young, too--20 years old! I also wonder, what were we thinking? But, as you said, God has his hand in these things--aren't you glad about that?
And, please, count the poor little hamster. His life matters, too. :)
I hope you both have fun celebrating!
WOW! That is seet and REAL! Happy 12th!
Great photos too!
Congratulations! Your marriage sounds very familiar. My husband is a 'fixer' guy too and a loving and supportive father to our 2 kids... He doesn't leave me love notes, romance isn't his strong suit... But he shows his love for me in all the ways that seem little but are actually huge. If he sees I'm stressed he asks where he can be of help. If he knows I'm tired he'll take care of dinner and dishes even after he's been at work all day (and I'm a stay at home mom.) He supports me in everything I do. It's not a Hollywood love story. It's two people who continue to love and support one another because they care so deeply for the others well being. We'll be married 25 yrs. this November and I couldn't be living a more blissful life.
Post a Comment