I completely forgot about these pictures until tonight, when my friend, Monica, reminded me of them. About a month ago, my MIL bought some Halloween baby clothes for Isabel's American Girl dolls. One night after a sleepover with her BFF, Maya, the girls got together and begged me to use my camera. They went out back for a little photo shoot with the babies and had a blast, placing them in different poses and taking tons of pictures (gotta love digital, huh?). I didn't really pay much attention at the time, but when I downloaded them onto my laptop, I noticed what a good job they did.



I'd bet they took over thirty pictures, stopping only when it was time for Maya to leave. I love the way Isabel treats her baby dolls like real people. I totally remember my three favorite dolls to this day: Renee, Sarah, and Jeffrey (two Cabbage Patch dolls and one from a craft fair in Metamora).
She is such her mother's daughter. Gotta love that.
What about you? Did you play with baby dolls as a little girl? Do you remember their names? Do you still have them?
16 comments:
I loved my baby dolls. I even took my cabbage patch doll to my orthodontist so he could put a bracket on her tooth. NERD!
I love the dolls in the tree! :)
I did not have baby dolls when I was young. We were kind of poor and didn't get a lot of stuff like that. I didn't really know what a Barbie doll was until I was a teenager.
No worries, though. What we did have in abundance was love and we survived with whatever happened to come our way. I do vaguely remember that once when we were on vacation in the mountains, my aunt bought me a little indian doll from a roadside stand. Then when we got to this lake type place, my brother threw her in the water. Wah. What a tragedy for me.
I like the baby dolls in your pics though. They're kind of scary cause they look real.
I had two Cabbage Patch kids, Bernice and Wilbur, i still have them! I loved them and mum and gran used to make lots of clothes for them. I love your Isobel's smile, it's so warm :-)
I got a baby when I was 2 years old from my grandma.
It is orange and I named her baby beans. That doll has been through the ringer! Her hat is half ripped off her head because a mean boy was trying to take it from me and my sister was pulling the other side so it ripped.
I painted her nails red.(She's completely cloth filled with beans and a plastic head.)
and I painted the number 8 on her stomach when I was in softball.
Guess who plays with her 31 years later??
I remember the one mom gave to me early one Christmas when I had the Chicken Pox, that was my favorite, her name was Michelle and I found her in the Sears Wish Book. I remember buying Angel a dress for first communion. I love the little halloween outfits. Isabel will be such a good mommy someday.
She is so cute. We recently gave Hayden a camera, some 200+ pictures later and I too have some blog fodder.
It's the TWINS! They are on Caroline's Christmas list this year. She has high-dollar taste!
Great pics. Great song--we love our Jars of Clay around here.
I still play with Barbies...doesn't everyone???? Dude, they're FUN!
I had a doll named Jamie who is sitting in a tote in my basement along with 2 cabbage patch dolls and about 15 barbies. Jamie is looking her age, but so am I, lol. Since daughters don't appear to be part of my future, I'll be holding onto them for future granddaughters.
Someone help those poor babies in the tree! Haha.
I did love playing with baby dolls, but none of them had names that stuck. They were called whatever I needed to call them for whatever scenario I was acting out.
I played with Holly Hobbies. Those were my favorite. I have all of them in a basket in Meg's room.
Isabel is just beautiful. Tell her great job on the photos.
OH yeah. I played with my dolls endlessly. Are you liking Whitney, My Love? I tried to read Outlander, but I just couldn't get into it. I hacked my way through book four before giving up.
I only played with my first doll that was given to me when I was 5. I still have her. I was a tomboy and didnt like dolls. My mom would have to bribe me and tell me if I would play with a certain doll then she would get me something. Then I saw the movie Chuckie and got real scared of dolls. I seriously thought they all came to life at night and would do something bad to me. I'd cover them up with blankets then have nightmares that they were talking and saying they were smothered.
I know, I'm weird. I still don't much care for dolls. Maybe that's why God didn't send me any girls. :)
I remember playing with baby dolls... I had a few Cabbage Patch Kids (only one whose name I can remember is Edwin Brett).
I remember getting a doll that wets one year for Christmas (I think I was 5). I went into the bathroom to put water in her bottle... fed her and waited... nothing happened. So I went back to the family room, put the doll down and went on to play with something else. Few minutes later my dad asked to see what presents I had opened... I took the doll to him, as he's holding it, she starts to pee all over his lap! Oops!
I love those dolls, how she is holding them and their costumes are soooo cute! Miss my MIL so much for that reason....she was an amazing woman!
The only doll I ever played with was a Mrs. Beasley doll (from the 70s tv show, Family Affair). I took her everywhere. Still have her but she is in really rough shape. She freaks my hubby out so I have to keep her packed up.
That is so cute and what great pictures. I think there is a budding model and photographer there. DQ has dolls that we take around too. In fact everything she touches suddenly has life. I think it is great play, and something that no matter how old you get are still fun to play with.
Post a Comment