Then I couldn't wait to be 13. A teenager. I idolized my three older sisters, and I just knew I would be as cool as them when I was 13.
Ah, 16. Driver's ed, my mom's hand-me-down '84 Chevette, a bit of freedom.
18...Adulthood. Total freedom (or so I thought; really there is no such thing, is there?)
21! Woo-hoo! Legal drinking age. Although I swear I drank more before I turned 21 than I ever have since.
25. Umm, cheaper insurance. Married, mother of one, with one on the way.
********************************************************************
Yesterday, my 35th birthday. By far the best birthday I have ever had. I am so content with my life. A good marriage, three healthy babies, a great job, a nice house, sweet family and friends, my health, enough money to pay the bills...I am surrounded by all that God has, for some unknown reason, blessed me with.
Other than having a bad cold, the day could not have been better. 60 degrees and sunny. Breakfast with my sister. Shopping with my MIL. Gabe's preschool Halloween party and parade. Fabulous dinner (at the Grand Finale in Glendale) with Joe, and shopping, too (he bought me a gorgeous sweater). Today, a trip to Columbus with Becky (pictures to come).
Thanks to everyone for all of my gifts and well-wishes on my blog. You sure know how to make a girl feel special.
Obviously, I did not plan ahead for this picture, or the kids would have coordinated a little better. Seriously, orange, red, pink and brown do not go with my black and white outfit, guys. But they're awfully sweet and adorable, so I guess I'll let it go.
Joe, on the other hand, got my memo about the "black and white theme" for the evening. And he knows how important it is to me to match :)Heck, at this rate, I don't mind getting older at all!
19 comments:
Glad you had a great birthday!
(That drip thing was super dooper gross. I'm vomiting in my mouth just thinking about it.)
Oh HAPPPPPPPPPPY Birthday! It sounds like you are so blessed and that your birthday brought you wonderful times!
Oh and girl, you don't look a day older than 26!
~melody~
Girl, your light is showing again....
Great photos, and so happy to hear that you had an awesome birthday.
Beautiful family...in a kaleidescope of colors! hee-hee! I love a good matching photo,too!
Glad you had a happy birthday!
Glad you had a great day. You and Becky have fun today. Eight days and counting for us!!! Yeah!!!!!!
Man...you look great for having a cold. You can't even tell in the pictures.
As for the pictures of you and your kids....how can you even look at it!! All those colors, all together, mismatched, Geez. I expected better of you!
I guess their smiling faces with their pretty mom can overshadow that:)
I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. TODAY. TO. START!
Get here fast ok?
Look at you all beautiful and glowy on your birthday...and with your husband!
You and Becky have BIG FUN today! Try not to get arrested...but come close to any situation that might lead in that direction. Woo-woo!
I am so glad that you had an awesome birthday. You and your hubby are such a cute couple.
You are very blessed. I'm glad you had such a great day!
Happy Late Birthday! Sorry I missed it!
You look Gorgeous woman!
So glad it was a great day! I had my first child growing in side me at 35! Look at you, your baby is 4! Hope the warm coffee was good and will help you feel better.
Talk soon!
Great pictures! Glad you had a great birthday! :)
So happy that you had a great day...you have a beautiful family.
I am so glad that you had a good birthday! Today is my mom's birthday. I made cupcakes. I'll happily eat an extra one in your honor :-)
Glad you had a wonderful birthday!
So good to hear you had a wonderful birthday!!!
Ha! I like to be matching too!
Sucks about the cold....
I'm jealous you & becky went shopping all day while I was at work!!!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. And by the way, I love your blog. Michelle over at Sweet Mady's gave me the I love your blog award, and I've passed it along to you over on my blogs. Go check them out.
http://jacie-momstuff.blogspot.com
and
http://giftbuckets.blogspot.com
Have a great night!
So glad that you had a great one and it is filled with a life full of love.
Happy Halloween.
Post a Comment