I first stumbled upon the magic SITS button on a fellow nurse's blog. Jen from Buried with Children had one on the right side of her blog, and I had no idea what on earth it was. This was back in June, just after SITS had begun. It sounded like a neat thing. At the time, the only people commenting on my blog were my sister and a blog friend from Texas, Jennifer from Three Little Indians (also a nurse). The idea of "meeting" new people and getting more comments was appealing. So I signed up. And immediately fell in love. Or became addicted. Whatever. I became a blogging maniac, stalking other blogs (in a friendly way, really).
I joined a new "circle of friends". Friends who showed up and loved on me in a comment-y way, complimenting my kids and my mothering skills, lifting me up on bad days, showering me with love on my feature day. I met one blogging friend in person and became friends with Catherine and her family; I exchanged email addresses and phone numbers with two more friends, and am planning a visit in November with one of my favorite bloggers ever (more details on that one later). This circle has widened to include my real life BFF, Becky, who I finally convinced to hop on the blogging bandwagon with me and join in the love and fun that is SITS.

So many great things have come out of joining this circle of friends. I have enjoyed an Australian swap with Katy from What Katy Did, sending her a package of homemade cards and candy and American fabric to sew; receiving a few special handmade items from her (sausage dog, bird-mobile, Nintendo DS cover). I am currently doing another swap with Betty from Keeper of the Skies; she is making me a shawl, and I am making her a box of cards. Not only are we swapping gifts; we also swap comment love nearly every day. I love to see Katy's creations and hear Betty's stories of her daughters and life as a couple after your kids are raised (and she makes a mean skirt, too).
Another blog friend I discovered through SITS is Angela from The Painted House. Angela and her family fought a battle with cancer (and won) this past year...her love and support of her husband and their babies is inspiring. Not to mention the fact that she gorgeous, hilarious, a talented artist, and a great blogger. Yep, I hate her. Not really, but I probably would if she weren't such a genuinely kind person with a passion for life. And she leaves me comment love whenever she can.
Last, but never ever least, is my friend, Lula from the town of Lulaville. Lula's profile picture is the best one out there. Those gorgeous eyes just suck you in. I started reading her blog after reading one of her comments on SITS. She is an awesome writer, leaves the best comments ever, and her southern belle twang comes through on every post she writes. Not to mention the fact that she invited me personally to join this circle of vampires, I mean, friends:

And now I am not only addicted to the world of blogging, the world of SITS and the need for comment love everyday... I am also a Twilight junkie.
Hello, my name is Heather, and I am an addict. Where's the line for the 12-step program that I clearly need?
If you're new to the blogging world and/or have never heard of SITS, you so need to check them out. It's the most supportive group of women I have ever "met", and I feel blessed to be a part of this circle of friends.
43 comments:
Hey there Lovely lady, i'm glad i am in your circle of friends now! I love hearing your stories too. I have already started to gather things for our Christmas swap. I have even had a message from the lady who has your for the Favourite Things Swap, she saw that i had sent you things on my blog! I told she couldn't have a more lovelier (is that a word?) person to send her treasures to.
Thanks for sharing -- Can't wait until the morning we are going to have so much fun.
Much Love
Anissa
Now isn't that the truth! :)
good luck SITSTA!!!
Love your blog title. Don't we meet the nicest people through SITS?!
I am so with you, I totally need that 12 step program too but on the other hand, I don't think that I have a problem. My family on the other hand...
I just stumbled upon your blog through another mom blogger. Your headline really caught my eyes. And I love your blog background. Will check SITS soon.
Thank you, Heather! Right back at you!!!! Have fun today...unfortunately I won't be by a computer today. :( Good luck!
Hi Heather....I'm Jamie and I'm a Twilight Junkie too! Happy SITS Blogathon Day!
I love Heather.
I love Lula.
I love Becky.
I love Twilight.
I too love this circle of friends that I have met through blogging. I love that you all get my addiction. And don't look at me strangely when I "talk" about it.
Oh, and then I also found out that you and I share an obsession - one that many Twilighters do not - and that is with Outlander. Jamie....
Again with the awesome posts!
You are what SITS is all about, girl.
Thank you for being so supportive!
We heart you big time!
SITS and Twilight...they complete me.
found you by way of SITS! your blog is fun! :)
No 12-step program needed. Let's just keep feeding the habit!
I saw you listed on like 3 people's blog lists before I popped over. You're well loved! I think I've been over here before (your blog looks familiar), but I'll say "hi" again at the risk of looking dumb. I've "met" a lot of people lately, so don't hold it against me, k?
Whoa, I hope you survived the teenager language there. I'm not sure what's gotten over me! I think I'm just too excited for SITS day...
Hi my name is Kori and I too am addicted.
Happy Blogathon-ing from one SITSta to another!
I've totally been meaning to check out the Twilight books. I'm guessing I should, huh?
:)
Happy Blog-a-thon!
How great is SITS!! It's been such a fun day so far!!
happy blogathon!
I don't WANT to break the addiction... so apparently I can't even participate in the first step!
I agree whole-heartedly.
The bloggy world is amazing.
I wanted to tell you that I was rocking out to your music last night and was in mid comment when my computer crashed. I love "Thriller". Have you seen "13 going on 30" with Jennifer Garner? She does the dance in it and I just love it. I have even gotten up and started doing the dance....everyone knows that one right??? Okay so I am an 80's dork but it brings back good memories.....
Honored to be in your circle of friends!
My hubby would say I'm addicted! But this whole blogging experience has been amazing... and SITS has played a big part in that!
Have fun today!
Great post, if I didn't already have you on my list this would have sucked me in. ;)
I love your blog background! It is so pretty!
I just joined SITS and found you there, I'm glad I did.
I'll be back.
popped over from SITS, happy blogathon day!! Looking forward to coming back and searching your blog...
Happy SITS Day!
GASP...Twilight...now I am distracted!
YAAAAAY For SITS Blogathon Day!
I just realized that I haven't been over to your neck of the blog world in a while!! SHAME on me!! I puffy heart your blog! You are beyond blog awesomeness!!
Can't wait to check out some of your faves...I LOVE The Painted House and Beth's blog! :-)
~melody~
Happy Blogathon, SITSta!
YAY! A familiar face!
Such a fun day to share with a SITSta!
Hi, my name is Kelsey and I'm also a blog/comment addict!
I'm pretty sure SITS IS our support group!
Happy blogging
This blogathon is so fun. Great post.
I am so addicted too! :) Happy Blogathon Day!!
Holy Cow! 37 comments!
Blah blah blah...I didn't really read your blog about sits:( I saw you mentioned me though!! Sorry, I am in a hurry!
Just letting you know I tagged you! Check out my blog )ignore the hideos picture!
Girl thanks for the shout out as well!!!
Hope you got some sleep!
All I could think about at work today was getting on the computer and blogging. We have firewalls which prevent me from getting on.
I went on date night with John after work....now I'm home blogging when I need to make Tori's birthday cake. Oh my it's going to be a long night!!!
Such a cute blog! And I love the pic of you and your husband!! Happy SITS!
Happy SITS Blog-A-Thon Day!!
Happy SITSathon!
SITS is such a blessing, isn't it? And I love the picture. I've only read the first book and can't wait to get to the rest!
Hope you had a Happy Blogathon Day!
Hey Hey Hey!
Happy blogging! :)
Hope you enjoyed the blogathon day!! Sorry I missed coming by yesterday!
Hope you had a lovely SITSA day!!! Please forgive the fact that I am only now just getting around :P
Post a Comment