Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You say it's my birthday?

Thirty five years ago, a star was born. Do you recognize her, with the big 80's hair and the "glamorous" earrings?



She was once mistaken at a local Red Lobster for this famous actress:

Alright, give up?
It was me!
I know, I know, hard to believe I was that "glamorous" at the ripe old age of 16, huh?
Anybody else fall victim to the sensation that was Glamour Shots? I'd love to see some pics, if you're daring enough to share them.
Seriously, I don't think I resemble Tori Spelling at all, but I have been mistaken for her several times, mostly by rednecks in Walmart and Red Lobster. No offense, I love rednecks. I'm just sayin' they're the only ones thinking I was a Beverly Hills alumni.
Anyway, back to my birthday. I am having a great birthday week so far. Lula already sent me a gift (see previous post); Michelle spent the evening with me on Saturday and gave me a sweet card; Catherine took me out for lunch at Mimi's cafe on Monday (and gave me a lovely picture frame); my other sister, Rhonda, is taking me out for breakfast at my favorite place (Cracker Barrel...Momma's Pancake breakfast baby!); Joe is planning a surprise dinner (with reservations, even!) tonight; Becky and I are spending the day in Columbus on Thursday; and Kay is making me a homemade carrot cake and a yummy dinner on Sunday.
I feel absolutely spoiled. All this love and attention overwhelms me. I have the sweetest group of friends and family, who surround me with affection. And cards, and gifts, and phone calls, and best of all, their time.
Thank you all for making my thirty-fifth birthday such an awesome one. I love you guys...
(You may wonder why I have Marvin Gaye's song "Let's Get it On" playing second on my player. One, 'cause that's what feeling glamorous does to you, folks. Two, 'cause good ole Marv was #1 on the charts in the year of our Lord 1973, the year I was born. Does it get any better than that?)








26 comments:

Katy said...

Have a wonderful birthday Heather, you are brave showing that photo, that is hardcore 80's!!
I hope you birthday is special and i am glad you have lots of wonderful friends there to help you celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

It's Live.Love.Eat.'s Birthday today too!

Suzann said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have an action packed time ahead of you - enjoy!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Heather
Happy Birthday to you!
Have a GREAT day.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!

Wow you have a very exciting week! I can't wait to hear about the fancy dinner! GO Joe!!!

Whattcha doing in

Columbia....shopping!

Lula! said...

It does NOT surprise me that Marvin was crooning one of his best-known hits the day you were born.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! We will do some serious celebrating next week!!!!!!!!

XOXOXO

Michelle said...

Yes that is Bobby in the background. Hahahahahahahaha

Heathersmom said...

Happy birthday sweetheart. It sounds like you are going to have a great week. I wish we could get together. We will have to try to get something together in the near future. Have a wonderful day! Love, Mom

Becky said...

I gotta say....I love the hair! You are so f***ing glamourous it is UNBELIEVABLE! (crap did I spell that right...there is no spell check on comments!)
I am one of the many people that have been blessed because you were born. Every day you affect lives from saving them and giving them patience and love at the hospital, to raising and nuturing and teaching your babies to grow up knowing God's love and always feeling yours, to your mom and sisters who you take time for each day, to your husband that you stay faithful and honest with, to friends like ME! that you have totally woken up a need in me I had no idea I was lacking so badly. You make me a better person, because I feel happier and loved. Thank you so much for being my friend! I love you!!!!

Honorary Indian said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I have something for you...could you email me your home address?

Enjoy your week-long celebration!!!!

XO!

BBB said...

Roses are Red
I will invent hammer pots
You look SOOOOO stunning
In your photos from Glamour Shots

Roses are Red
Hair needs a highlight
Lula has sucked you
Into her love of Twilight

Roses are Red
70's hair did feather
Happiest of birthdays to YOU
Most adorable Heather!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy Birthday! And you even have Lizzy writing on of her famous roses are red poems for you.

I never did glamor shots. I really wanted to. But I never did. And then for a time I thanked my lucky stars that I never did. Until now. Because I blog.

Hope today is fantabulous!

Ashley said...

Now, how is it a surprise dinner if you already know about it???

Happy Birthday!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yay!!!! Happy Birthday to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also share this day with my best friend Tammy. We do something special every year. It sounds like you have a lot of special plans. Enjoy!!!!!

Jacie said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Heather. Happy Birthday to you!
Ok, Ok, I'll stop singing now.
:)
Have a wonderful day!

Jen said...

Oh Happy Birthday Honey! I so wish that I could come and party with you. The best I can do is toast to you tonight with my wine.
Hope you have the best day ever!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

First Hot Tub Lizzy is so clever!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! 35, I cannot believe that you are 35. I remember 35 or do I????

Sounds like a great week and yes I admit that I too have some of those Glamour Shots. It was all the rage for a while.... I am going to have to start digging through my pictures.

Enjoy your week!!!

Heather said...

Happy happy birthday! Today is also my grandma's birthday! I was so hoping the baby would share it too, but it looks like he won't be here until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Have a good one!

MarciaBrady said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I'm sorry I'm not there to throw you a party at work this year!!! I'm glad you're having such a GREAT week! I hope you get to go to Hobby Lobby!! haha

MarciaBrady said...

BTW: You look like you're ready for Star Search with that picture! I always wanted to do Glamour Shots! So, what was your talent on the show?? :)

HiHoOhio said...

make syre you click on the Happy Birthday on my post.....glad the BEANS arrived!

Heather said...

I'm not at all laughing at the uber dramatic glamour shot. No. I am not. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love you!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one!


And yes... I am another Glamour Shots victim. But I'm pretty sure those pictures were destroyed long ago...

angela | the painted house said...

You know Tori eats at Red Lobster ALL THE TIME. It's her fave in Beverly Hills. She can't get enough of those cheddar biscuits.

You are one smokin' glamour girl!

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, and happy birthday!!!