My box of goodies traveled across the ocean from South Africa! Loraine of the Pink Tulips sent me a ton of delightful presents; she was even thoughtful enough to include a little something for each of my kiddos.
We were so excited to open the box. Gabe helped me rip off the tape and pull out the packing...

Once Isabel walked in the door, I couldn't wait to share the news that our swap had arrived (my kids love these swaps as much as I do, especially seeing the different stamps and coins from countries other than our own). We ran upstairs to Elijah's world map and found South Africa right away, tracing the route our package probably took to get to our part of Ohio.
Isabel's favorite: the lavendar potpourri and the stamps.Gabe's favorite: the animal stickers and the chocolate safari animal lollipops (yum!).
Elijah's favorite: the African bubblegum and coins (the boy loves money).

My favorite: the handsewn pincushion in my favorite colors and the handsewn bag in safari print. Loraine made these herself, and filled the bag with beaded artwork made by the locals in her South African town. I also loved loved loved the scrapbook papers and magazine she sent!


23 comments:
Looks like so much fun -- but i just don't have the time or money for that one right now. Thanks for sharing -- The kids looked like they were enjoying that.
Much Love
anissa
I love the bag, it is beautiful!
Heather, I am delighted to see your family enjoy the gifts I sent. I still cannot believe it arrived so quickly! It has been such a pleasure to have a swap partner as nice as you! I would love to see some of your scrapbook pages! Enjoy the tea! Loraine, South Africa
I got my favorite things swap yesterday.. it was awesome!
Oooooh, sounds like fun, looks like fun. Have fun on your days off. I get another one tomorrow.
I love the bag and pin cushion too!! Thats a really neat swap.
FUN stuff! You are receiving all kinds of wonderful things in the mail, huh???? You virtual world traveler.
We must talk. Today. It's vital to our existence.
That is so cool. I am so sad that I did not get to participate.
You did get some cool stuff... and all the way from South Africa, too!
Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday :)
The pin cushion is to cute! Looks like the kids all enjoyed their "geography lesson"
WOW! What fun. And so educational for the children. (I knew that Elijah would like the money). I wish I had the time to do all that swapping. Love to you all. Mom
I love getting those kind of surprises. What a beautiful and fun thing to do......so how do I get one of those?
How sweet that she included stuff for your kids.
I bet bloggings not so bad when presents start coming for the rest of the family because of it huh?
Enjoy!
How fun! Everything looks beautiful.
that is totally cool!
thanks for listening today. It is what it is and it's all good are my two favorite sayings, obviously! I kind of life by them both. No worry, no fear, it is in God's hands.
Thanks for encouraging words and I will call when I reach the end of a rope....if I do. Otherwise, I will just call!!!
KOHL's had a great sale....too bad for me....I bought things!
So how do you do this swap thing anyway????
Swaps are SOOOO much fun. It's so sweet that she included stuff for the kiddos too.
That really did arrive quickly. And I know that Lorraine was so irate that they post office said it would take so long.
Love what you got...very very cool!
Brown paper packages wrapped up in string! How fun!
OK that is just WAY too cool! I need to look more into this swap thang...sounds like a blast!
~melody~
Hey girlie!! So, as you know, I'm new to this blogging thing. So, how do you get involved in the "Favorite Things Swap"? Sounds like a lot of fun and very interesting!!
MarciaBrady
Cute blog *U* We love swaps too! Very fun! The African stuff looks interesting...I have an adopted daughter from Africa.
WOW!! What a amazing box of goodies!!
Post a Comment