Today is one of those days.
This is how I feel today, and this whole weekend:

No, it wasn't the hospital, other than having to work those two shifts. It was the sleep (or lack of) I got this weekend. For no reason other than the fact that my family cannot stand for me to be in my bedroom sawing logs while they are awake and wanting to play.
I only have one week of night shifts left. Thank God. 'Cause I can't take much more.
I have zero patience with my husband (who contributed significantly to my sleep deficit by allowing Gabe to sneak into my room and put Certs into my mouth after I had slept two hours...guess he didn't like my "morning breath").
I have almost zero patience with Gabe. I need oodles of patience to be a good mom to Gabe. Church was a disaster yesterday. Having to discipline him in the womens bathroom in front of God and everyone...not a great experience. He seems to know I am in a weakened state today, and is testing me beyond what he normally does. God, please help me.
I have to work again tonight. And not sleep much tomorrow. Sigh again.
Sorry to be such a downer today. But this blog of mine has always been "real", and a place for me to write down exactly what I am feeling and thinking. I'm sure once I get some sleep, I'll be back on my "happy" track. Maybe Wednesday?
18 comments:
I'm sure that there's a sliver lining to all of this "stuff" that's going on. I'm sorry that Gabe's testing you right now. It can't be fun at all especially on little sleep.
I am sorry for your lack of sleep. Trust me I know your pain, well I did back in the day. Working nights can be fun expect for that lack of sleep.
Really he put Certs in your mouth. That is hilarious. So I know I shouldn't laugh but that is really creative.
I will say a prayer for you for some patience, sleep and more energy.
I'm sorry that you are having a rough time of it. I will pray for you for strength to endure what must be endured.
And that your hubby will have a little more compassion and not allow little one back in while you are trying to sleep.
I hope your week gets better.
Go ahead. Let it all out. That's what your friends are here for. To listen.
And, as a former "night-shift nurse," well, I cannot imagine having to work nights while having children. I did so before we had kids (and when I was much younger).
So. Your blah-ness is completely understandable. And deserved.
Sorry to hear about that! Hope you can find some time to rest. Us mommies need that once in a while! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love
Anissa
BE REAL BABE!!!! Sometimes it's just hard to be sunshine. I hear you.
I hope you get some GOOD rest soon!
I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult things must be. With working. And trying to sleep. And still be "on" as a mom.
And I so have a child that likes to test my patience. At every opportunity. It's a special "act" that is reserved just for me.
But keep in mind. Don't pray for patience. Pray for you time. Pray to recharge. Pray for strength. But not patience. God might give you something to REALLY be patient about :-)
I so feel your pain. I am glad that you do tell us the real deal. It endears you to us more. I always say I will sleep when I am dead. Some days that sounds real good.
I loved the certs part. At least he was thinking of you......
I had a bad week and lost it with my daughter. It was not one of my shining moments but we have to be real too, even as mom's. I will keep a prayer in my heart for you to get back to a normal balance soon. Hang in there.......
Don't apologize.... it happens to the best of us! I hope you get some sleep and things look up!!
You need to go somewhere else and sleep or get a good lock for your door! You could come and here and have Morgan's room. Call me AFTER you get some rest.
Love ya
Hi Heather! I am so sorry to hear your weekend was not the greatest. You really must get some sleep. I am your swap partner for the "My favorite things swap" organized by Katrina. Your parcel is full of goodies that I hope will spoil you rotten and I even included a local product to help you relax and sleep! The parcel will however be coming REAL snail mail in about 3-5 weeks. My apologies for this long delay, it seems Africa is very far away! It is however something to look forward to! I hope you feel better soon!
Hi Heather! I just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting! Thanks also for being so nice about the delay. I have been so worried the whole weekend! You are most welcome to post about the parcel when you get it. I have tried to give you a variety of stuff and local not imported. I did remember the coins and also included a local gift for each of your kids. Also as I said something for you to help you relax. It works for me! I have a tracking number for the parcel and I will e-mail it to you soonest. I will hold thumbs that you get the parcel around your birthday! Chat soon again!
This was a not me monday for you for sure. I understand. Seems almost like a full moon around here or something.....just think pancakes and soon it will be ALL GOOD!
Sleep fixes lots of things. Hang in there!!
Ohhhh life sucks so bad when you need sleeeeeeep! I'm so sorry you can't get some peaceful sleep. You vent whenever you need to...if I wasn't getting sleep, I'd be all over my blog about it!
~melody~
I feel your pain. I got two and half hours of sleep last night. Sunday Mercede was acting out and their was a scene in Old Navy and again in Macy's. I was at my wits end.
That boy of yours is so cute though.
When you're tired everything is magnified x 10. I can't imagine being a night shift nurse and having young ones. God bless you!
I'll pray for you!
Hope your week gets better
Oh and certs in your mouth....that's pretty funny....maybe not at the time...but you'll always remember that!!!
Hi Heather, sorry to here you are having tough times, but remember, Swings and Roundabouts, it will turn soon.
I have tagged you in my blog for the 11 things list take a look ;-)
Chin Up.
Post a Comment