Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Doubly Tagged

Okay, so on my way home from work this evening, I was planning my blog post for Tuesday. Thinking back on my shift, looking for funny blog-worthy moments (none...we had a death of a young 61 year old mom/wife/grandma, lost to breast cancer). Thinking back on my day with the kids (pretty uneventful, which is good in its own way). Then I checked my email. And found that I was tagged by two different bloggers with a very similar tag, the 6 (or 7) quirky things about you tag. I'm pretty sure I've done something similar in the past, but I love to play along, and I'm desperate for blog fodder. So, thanks Tattooedminivanmom and Queen of the Residence! Here goes:


Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules in your post. Share 7 random/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your blog and link to their blogs. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.



Are you sure you wanna know these things about me? Please don't run away...

1. I often dress my family in color-coordinated outfits, especially to church or potentially photographed events. My husband does not like to play along with me on this, which gets on my nerves. Humph...

2. Although I hate to miss out on my sleep, I do love working night shift. I will miss the fun of nights while I'm working my new schedule (but I will love getting a full nights' sleep).

3. I feel the need to blog everyday except for Sunday. I like for my blog post to be done the night before, so my sweet sister can comment on it before she goes to work.

4. I love to talk on the phone. To friends and family, but mostly to my girlfriends and sisters. My husband does not understand this. He cannot believe I can talk to a certain blogger for two hours at a time (men just don't get it).

5. I am not only addicted to blogging. I am also addicted to (gasp) exercise. I never thought I would say this. I hated to sweat. Now, I look forward to my M-W-F routine with my BFF, Becky. That runner's high people talk about? Yeah, I still don't get that. And sweat still feels icky. But man, my jeans are fittin' fine, y'all! (Hence, the Conway Twitty song playing in the background...thanks for the idea, Lula.)

6. October is my most favorite month of the entire year. My anniversary, my birthday, Halloween, fall...there are so many things about October that I love. And in case you wanted to know, my birthday is the 29th. You know, if you wanted to send me a present or something.

7. I let my dog sleep under the covers with me. Curled up behind the crook of my legs. I love it.

Okay, that's all I can think of. The kids will be waking me up in 6 1/2 hours to make their breakfasts and pack their lunches (yes, my kids wake me up, not the other way around...I never have to pry them out of their beds for school...the disadvantage to this is they NEVER sleep in).

I'll be back later to tag some friends. (Too much work, all that linking...)

9 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Awesome! Love getting to know you better...and I totally "get" that addiction to exercise. Strange though it may be- there's something to be said for how I feel after a good, hard, sweaty work-out.

So, birthday girl, just how many candles will be on that cake?! I will be sure to have a celebratory drink in your honor!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

My hubby hated when I dressed everyone the same too. Last March we all dressed different and the photo came out pretty cool.

I feel out of my routine of exercise. I work 9 1/2 hour days and by time I get off I'm too lazy to go to the gym. I want my jeans to start fitting good again. I only want to lose 7 more pounds. Oh someday.

Hopefully I'll have your shawl done and it will arrive in time for your birthday. I'm starting it today!

Michelle said...

Yep, I always knew you were weird now everyone else will know. But, I really appreciate that you post so I can read before I go to work. One of the many reasons why I love you.

Love,
Your sweet sister.

Lula! said...

Except for the dog part (cat person, here!), all of these are reasons that I love you. We so dress color-coordinated...all 4 of us, and we are darn cute, too.

And hello...2 hours is not all that long to be talking on the phone.

When I get addicted to exercise, I will buy a pair of tight-fittin' jeans and strut my little self all over town to some Conway.

We will be pawtyin' like rock stars in a few weeks--oh but yes, we will. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
p.s. Your b-day present is on its way. Early. 'Cause I'm cool like that.

Jen said...

First, I love that family picture it is awesome.
Second, I totally agree that October is the best month of the year for mostly the same reasons.
Third, I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone the other day and even though it was not 2 hours, it was still really, really, cool.
Lastly, I liked getting to know you better.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I *want* to blog daily. But I can never think of what to write about :-) I have so many half written posts it's embarassing.

And I am not a phone person at all. I much prefer email. But I make exceptions for Lula. And then my phone tells us that we have talked too much...

Heather said...

October is my favorite too!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

You are totally NORMAL!!!! I re-read mine and I think I need therapy for all my quirks. The scary thing is that there were more, many, many more that I could have included.... so sad.

I do love the family picture though, so fun!!

Suzann said...

I love your sense of humor. You crack me up. I didn't think any of your stuff was anything out of the ordinary. I would LOVE to have my family dressed even somewhat coordinated, but I would probably find myself tied up in a closet at the mere suggestion of it.