Our week began with a pumpkin patch/cookout planned with mine and Becky's families. It started out small, and grew and grew into a huge event. With the weatherman calling for a perfect fall day, both my sister and my in-laws decided to join in on the fun. It was a terrific day, filled with great photo ops, (free) hayrides and corn mazes, apple cider slushies and a bazillion punkins!
Becky and I were so excited to get a picture of our families together. As you can imagine, this was quite an accomplishment! Thanks, Kay, for snapping the shutter at just the right time...

The "babies" of our families...
My sweet niece, Kylee. As blond as the day is long, with the cutest little voice...
Joe's parents, Bob and Kay, with their first grandson, courtesy of MOI. Yep, I'm totally taking the credit for that one.

Mike, Tatum and Summer enjoying a little snack. Mike decided to save some caramel for later (on his shirt).

My sister, Rhonda, with her hubby, Paul, and their babies, Katlyn and Kylee. I'm so glad they decided to tag along; they had a great time, and I loved spending the afternoon and evening together. I don't see my big sis near enough...
The corn maze was just right for little ones (and did I mention it was free? Definitely a bonus for the grownups forking out the bucks).

Joe and his momma hanging out among the cornstalks. Gabe was nowhere to be found, as he was too busy looking for the aliens from "Signs". He was "gonna kick them and fight them" when he found them. Lucky for the aliens, he never did.

Man, I love this girl. Everytime I hear evil MIL stories, I thank my lucky stars for Kay. She is an incredible grandma, mom and friend; I don't know what I would do without her. (Go crazy, I'm pretty sure.)
We had to stage this photo a bit. There were too many people in front of Isabel and Katlyn at first, so we waited for them to pass, then told the girls to "walk normal but slowly". (The things we do for a memory.)
After the punkin patch, we headed to my house for a cookout. Hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta salad and Becky's incredible apple cake (yum). It was the best day I've had in a long time.Fast forward to Wednesday. I probably should've made this into another post, but I didn't (sorry). Joe took the day off, and joined Gabe and me on his field trip to another punkin patch, one we've never been to before. It was incredible! Only one year old, the barns were new, the horses were friendly, and the play area was awesome.
Whaddya think of this place, Gabe?

Remember Gabe's little "girlfriend" from preschool? Yep, Macy seems to always be where Gabe is. Funny how early this starts...

Remember Gabe's little "girlfriend" from preschool? Yep, Macy seems to always be where Gabe is. Funny how early this starts...

We were so glad to have Daddy come along. He was a great help with all these energetic preschoolers.
This horse used to be a "school horse", used for giving horseriding lessons to kids. Now he is "retired", but still loves the attention from the little ones. He loves to hold this ball and let the kids use it as a punching bag. Of course, Gabe showed no fear and went right up to him.










14 comments:
I like pumpkin seeds too but never make them quite right.
Apple cider slushies? Really? Any good?
You've been busy...but a good busy.
Awww, great pictures Heather. I love the picture of Kay with her extra support, she is gonna love you for that one. It's happy and sad seeing them grow up. Elijah and Isabel are getting so big. Fun day!!
Looks like an exciting week full of pumpkins.
That slide looked scary! And that last picture of Gabe is so cute of him walking away from the slide.
Now that is the perfect fall day! I gotta get my kids out for some pumpkin fun.
Very cute pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! By the way LOVE the title of your blog! LOVE it!!!
I think that this is the cutest post ever. I really need to get on the band wagon and post about our pumpkin patch trip. Maybe tomorrow.
Awwww - very cute!! I wanna go!!!!
Great Photos! We do not have carving pumpkins yet but have several painted ones from the Fall Festival.
Looking forward to Monday!
I am so jealous. We do not have any pumpkins, I am waiting for what I do not know. But what a fun day.
I am so jealous, my MIL is a nightmare. So glad that you have one that you can love.
I got that potato chopper in the store, it makes the krinkle cuts and is not real sharp for little fingers. I really want the one Pampered Chef has that is curved and has a padded handle.
That farm seemed really nice. Maybe we should go there next year! I wanna see the horse that holds the puching bag ball! Totally cool....I love the picture of Gabe smiling at it.
What??!! You don't like the guts?? It's my boys FAVORITE part!
Great pictures...fabulous fun was clearly had by all. And I'm still jealous because Becky gave you Apple Cake. Whatever.
Girl...
I am the queen of puhkin seeds. But lemme give you a tip. I BUY mine. Already prepackaged. Then I doctor them up, toast 'em, and snack away. Love the seeds, hate the pumpkin guts. My way is easy.
We'll eat some in a few weeks. Oh yes, we will.
Cute pics! Looks like y'all had a good time!
We're going to try to get a family picture taken this weekend... 14 people in all... hope ours turns out as good as yours!
So jealous of you guys over there, this fall celebration thing you do and then Halloween, niether either celebrated here looks like so much fun, enjoy!
These are some of the BEST photos EVER! Seriously! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
~melody~
Post a Comment