*Photo taken at our last scrapbooking retreat in Richmond, IN, this past spring.Yep, introducing "heathersister"...my big sis, Michelle. I say "big" loosely, 'cause I've been bigger than her since I was eleven (she's 4'11", I'm 5'7"); but she is nine years older than me, so I still say big sis.
Way back when I started my blog, I tried to talk her into creating one. She is hysterically funny, but she doesn't think so. She refused to join up, instead making an account only so she could comment on mine. Fast forward to June of this year, when SITS came to be. I called Michelle on the phone and told her to go and read Heather and Tiffany and Lula, some great bloggers I had discovered. We cracked up laughing over Heather's naked Barbie posts, Tiffany's letters to Tampax and her hot OB, and bonded over the love that is Twilight which Lula introduced us to. Eventually, Lula and Michelle became buddies, and she even tried to talk her into starting a blog, to no avail. Becky tried her best to talk her into it, and she must have worked some magic, 'cause last week, Michelle told me she (finally!) wanted me to help her set up her very own blog. Yay!!!
Thanks again to Lula for the Twilight book, 'cause that was the bait I needed to lure Michelle over to my house tonight. While she was over, she decided to go ahead and get set up on Blogger. She made her first post tonight, and is excited to work on adding some more features. She's already got the SITS button, and a fair warning from me on the addiction that is blogging.
Would y'all go and give Michelle some comment love, and start the process of getting "hooked"? Her blog name is "Tales from the Lunchroom"...appropriate since she works in the cafeteria at my niece's school. She is going to have some great tales to tell!
18 comments:
Heather I'm going to go visit her right now!
(Aren't you something!)
That is a huge difference in height. My Aysha will probably be around 5'9 while my lit Mercede will never even get to 4'6".
It's official.
Lula is somehow friends with everyone. Forget Brian Adams. It's 5 degrees of Lula.
I am SOOOOO Exited to have Michelle join in, I saw her comment on the SITS welcome post!
And look at you talkin' up my blog...(the check is in the mail...oooohhh.... maybe the comment junkie t-shirt is in the mail!)
your sister is sooo funny...I've seen some of her comments on other blogs and I giggle all the time! I'm glad your sister gave into "peer pressure" and started a blog.
How Fun! I'll have to check out your sister.
I'm going to visit her today!
TFS
Much Love
Anissa
Ahhhh, gee Heather thanks. I have 7 comments this morning. It was like Christmas morning when I got up. The first thing I did was run to the computer. Have to get here early before the kids get up and take it from me. BTW I am 4' 11.5" thank you very much and thanks for using a picture of us sitting down, if ya know what I mean. Did I put the commas in all the right places?
Wow! It's great that you've lured your sis into the blogging world! She'll enjoy herself! I'll go visit her!
Thanks for your sweet comment about my "sleepless" nights lately with my 18 month old. It's so nice to know that other moms have been through something similar and that there is an "end in sight." Night terrors sound awful. I've gotten up with my daughters for "nightmares" before, but I've heard night terrors are worse.
Well, at least we're in it together :-)
Thanks for the SITS support! Have a great Sunday!
I feel like we just shared our "stash" with your sister.
Don't you feel a little guilty knowing the addiction that lies ahead??
That what you get for dancing with the "Mr. Brownstone" of blogging!
Welcome to the dark side Heathersister!
Hehehe good thing there is plenty to go around- yay for you getting your sister to blog- I can't even get mine to comment on mine. I guess I should be grateful they at least read it, huh? ;)
So share your secrets getting others over to the dark side. :P
Hi from SITS! I love the verse on your blog, and I'm also a fan of the Twilight series! I'm still in the third book! :)
I was so excited that your sister left a comment on my blog. Then I saw her picture and realized she had finally started one!! YAY!!
I will put her on my blogroll!!
good for you spreading the addiction one family member/friend at a time. ;)
So proud of sis!!
I awarded you!
How great! I'm adding another blog to my list. Thanks for convincing her to blog!!!
Going to check out her blog now...
Good for you. The more the merrier.
Post a Comment