Fast forward to bedtime. Read a story, tuck a boy in, get the cheesestick, turn off the light, say a prayer, turn on the sleepy music, shut the door, nighty-night.
Except tonight, after the lights went out, Gabe was a bit...scared.
"It's too dark. Those monsters will get me."

What? My brave boy is finally acting like a normal four-year-old, afraid of the dark and monsters and such? I could hardly believe it. So we said a prayer for Jesus to protect Gabe, said amen, and nighty-night.
Nope, still a little scared.
That's when the idea of a magic power-filled sausage dog from Australia was born:
Katy, Gabe has been sleeping with this little dog you made ever since it made its way from Australia to Ohio. He's the perfect size, soft and snuggly, and even smells nice. And best of all, he has magic monster-repellent powers. Who knew?When a monster even thinks of entering Gabe's room, or even our house, Sausage Dog is on alert. He perks his ears, focuses his beady eyes, and sends even the fiercest monster packing.
Gabe totally bought into this story, and by the end of me telling it, I began to believe it, too. Hey, anything is possible from the Land down Under, right?
If you or your children are afraid of monsters and in need of a magic Sausage Dog of your own, go visit Katy at What Katy Did Design and arrange for a swap of your own. I'm sure she'd be glad to help you out. She sure did the trick for us:


16 comments:
That's great!! I believe it. I may need to get one for myself!
We totally need a sausage dog!!!!!
Oh that is funny. And a very new idea. My exhusband, who isn't the nicest, smartest person, told my son that SleepMonster would get him if he didn't fall asleep. Which is odd, cause you would think that is when SleepMonster would get you.
Thanks for visiting my blog on Thursday :-)
LOL. What a great story and YAAAAYYY for that Aussie Sausage Dog !!!
Oh,, and there is a weight loss elementto my blog ... but sometimes a girl can dream :-)
awww. that is so precious! We love Goosebumps here too. But, I'm a vintage Goosebumps mama (from the early 90's) who is getting re-introduced to the New (and improved) Goosebumps by my 7-year-old.
I want my own sausage dog. : )
Just a precious story!!
Ha that is so funny, I am sitting here totally cracking up!! That is such a great story! I am totally ready to sew monster Repelling Sausage Dogs for anybody who needs one! Just visit me at my blog!
Heather you are such a cack. It makes me feel so happy that i have sewn something that Gabe loves to much!
Ahhh, the power of persuasion, it's a wonderful thing. I can't believe that boy was scared. When Danielle was little we had monster spary, back then you could buy it at Kroger, I swear, do you remember that. It was only on the shelf for a while then gone?! Go figure, great idea.
Awwwww every kid needs a sausage dog! So cute and such a great 'friend'...for the kiddo and for the parents! lol Not looking forward to the day when my little one is scared of the dark and monsters!
~melody~
that is so cute. I need to get a sausage dog for Hayden!
Ooooo...that bed looks comfy.
My kidlets have been watching Goosebumps on TV this week. It seems a little too scary to me but my kids seem to be cool with it.
A Sausage Dog??? Girl, you crack me up.
And look at him all comfy and cozy and snoozing away...I think I'll do that very same thing. Right. Now.
I need a sausage dog!
That was great! My girls used to watch Goosebumps and get a little scared.
Yay for sausage dogs!
So priceless, especially the music!
Sorry about the confusion today. Hope you did get my text after all and hope you had fun!
Oct 29th, you name the place!
SO cute!!!!
Just remember ... only Australian sausage dogs have powers...otherwise...no guarantee! And his mommy must be awesome...all Dean Koontz fans are!!!!
Post a Comment