Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me! Monday




This is my first "Not Me! Monday" post. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this or not...


Here we go:


I did not skip Sunday school yesterday so I could let my hubby sleep in and I could blog. I would never do that!


I did not dress all my children in fall outfits so I could get pleasing pictures at the pumpkin patch that would match the pretty scrapbook paper I just bought. That's just weird.


I did not let Gabe eat "cookies on a stick" for breakfast. I only feed my children nutritious meals all the time. No snacks, ever.


I did not make Elijah wait for me to fix his hair while I finished this blog post. I am not that addicted!


Okay, maybe I like this a little. Good for the soul, this confession thing.


Happy Monday, y'all! I start my new work schedule this week (i.e., less hours, no overnight shifts except for once in a great while, which translates into more sleep for me, happier wife and momma for my family. Yep, it's all good, as Catherine would say).

22 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

It's isn't Monday yet, okay, so not where I live it isn't!! lol

Yesterday I didn't take the girls to the movies and let their BRUNCH be popcorn, soda and reeces pieces!!lol

Glad to hear you got better hours this week!

Katy said...

Well i did not spend around 2 hours today sneakily looking at blogs (and writing this comment) instead of working.

Love it!

Suzann said...

Love this post!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I love that photo of Gabe eating that yummy cookie on a stick!

I did NOT feed my hubby leftovers for dinner last night!

Glad you got better hours.

YAY! Sleep!!!

Michelle said...

Ohhh, yummy cookies. Make some for a snack on our ROADTRIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh yeah, I pre-ordered the Twilight soundtrack. It is to be released Nov. 4th so I should have it in time to listen to on the way. I don't think the other will come in on time.

Anonymous said...

This is a cute idea! Thanks for stopping by my Spot this morning ;)

Lula! said...

YAY for the new work schedule! That means more hours of phone fun for me and you. While Gabe watches Goosebumps and Caroline views Scooby for the 47th time.

Love your true confessions. I have one...

I am NOT blogging while Caroline's doing her wake-up routine, which includes watching Barbie as Rapunzel. Nope. Not doing that at all.

Jen said...

that is a cool post. Let me just say that I did not just clean up a whole cup of coffee spill that Quinn just dumped on the floor.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

hey, oatmeal is healthy, therefor, oatmeal cookies is a fine idea for breakfast.
Especially oatmael cookies on a stick.

Heather said...

very cute post!

BBB said...

I wasn't late to work this morning even though my girls are at their dad's and I only had to get myself ready....

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am also not ignoring my life so that I can get my bloggy fix, that would be just wrong.....ha ha hee

I tagged you today at my blog, come on over.

Heather said...

We have cookies for breakfast quite often. I figure they've got eggs in there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! What's wrong with cookies for breakfast? Call it a "breakfast cookie" and your good to go.

MarciaBrady said...

Well, I did not sleep until noon today and then spend most of the rest of the day on the computer. Although, I was doing some homework! haha

Becky said...

I did not shove my 4th piece of lemon cake in my mouth as I read your post:)

Honey Mommy said...

Mmm... Cookies on a stick!

I totally dress up my kids in coordinating clothes to go take photos... I've never coordinated with my blog though! What a great idea!

angela | the painted house said...

Funny! Sure you aren't that addicted...

Happy new schedule! More sleep sounds like a very good thing.

Tiffany said...

Love it.

I did not decide to make 10 jedi robes for my son's birthday party.

No way.

So excited about your new work schedule!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of your boy chowin down on his "breakfast cookie".

TAG! Your it!

Jacie said...

Ok So "Not Me! Monday" is just the cutest idea for a post. I just may have to steal it. I seem to be a slacker on Mondays and can't seem to think of stuff to write. This could really help.