Wednesday, November 26, 2008

* Warning: If easily offended, read no further. Come back tomorrow for a sweeter post. *




Oh, so you decided to stay?

Okay, here's the story. I've been having second thoughts about hosting Thanksgiving this year. I mean, really, all that work for what, thirty minutes of eating, tops? Having to clean the house before the guests arrive AND again after everyone leaves? I just don't know.

I talked to my family and friends, and we decided we'd all rather just go out to a restaurant for dinner. After much deliberation, we narrowed it down to three choices.

Now we're stuck. We can't all agree on one place, and since it's the holiday and all, we really want to be together.

So, now I go to my friends in the blogosphere, for your opinions. Help us out here, wouldya?

Seriously, which one of these three would you choose? Since we can't decide on a winner, we're leaving it up to y'all. Leave a comment with your choice, and majority wins.

Here are the places we thought looked interesting. None of us have ever been to any of them before:

Choice #1



Choice #2:

And finally, choice #3:

*
**
***
Okay, you did know I was kidding, right? Did I even have you fooled for a minute?


When I received this email from a friend, I knew exactly what I was gonna do with it...blog about it, of course!


So, really, which one would you pick?


Choice #3 is the winner for me. I mean, chicken is close to turkey. That's the reason why! Get your mind out of the gutter right now!


Now, really, I've gotta go. I have many preparations to make for our real Thanksgiving dinner, which in part is brought to you by my bloggy friends...turkey recipe by Jen, pumpkin crisp recipe by Lula, and many other goodies brought by Catherine and Michelle. Thanks, girls! You're the best!

17 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I agree with you. The 3rd one is definitely the best choice. It's possible you could get dinner and show!

Katy said...

Ha thats pretty funny, the best sign i have seen is in Thailand, annoucing that they have "Poker in the front and liquor in the rear".. (as in "Poke Her" - not poker..) anyways :-), thanks for the funny pictures...
will rely to you email when i have a think!

Michelle said...

You had me going at the beginning for a minute. I was wondering what I missed in the last two hours.

Ha, I pick No. 1 Hahahahahahahaha.

See ya Thursday.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I was thinking you had some pretty awesome family members to hand over the reigns to your friends inside your computer :-)

And ummm...do I really have to choose?? :-)

Lula! said...

Fuk Mi?

Girl, that is SOOOOOOOOOO hardcore. I love it.

Making my pumpkin crisp tomorrow...yum, yum, yum.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Awwww maaaaan...you had me all excited about being able to ask you over and over about Fuk mi...oh well. Happy Turkey Day Eve!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME. I'm going to go with #3 also. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

At first I was like aw, thats sad she's not cooking. Then I saw the first photo and laughed. The other two I laughed even harder.

I would pick #3 as well.

We had a movie theater called the FLICK.....the i and c were so close together and half the c didn't lite up... it looked like f.....well you know. So of course thats what us kids called it. One day my dad asked me what me & my girlfriends were doing and I said seeing a movie at the F**k....he just laughed!

Jen said...

You are cracking me up!!! I choose #2, hehehehe.
I hope that you have the best Thanksgiving EVER! And if you run into issues with the Turkey, call me.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh yeah, you had me cause I've been teasing hubby we should go out!!
But of course we don't have my personal favorite restaurant "Fuk Mi", maybe he would want to go to that one....without his family, LOL!!!!

Ashley said...

We have a restaurant in my town named 'Phuket'. I always have fun with that one... but I've never eaten there. I think it is Thai. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Good luck with all of your meal prep! Oh, and I'd go with #2..... hehe!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Um...I am going with number 2. 'Cause they have chicken too right? and that is close to Turkey...And um it looks nicer for Thanks giving!

Happy Turkey day!

BBB said...

YOu're a nut... really... like a Cashew, which Essie claims is the sweetest of all nuts and Gert wondered if it was related to the Cash Register.

Anonymous said...

You had me fooled till the pictures!! Love how you wrote this post!! I was all prepared to help!!! Very funny!

HiHoOhio said...

Oh I thought I was off the hook, darn!!!!!!!!

See you about 2:30 with all my goodies and chairs!

Need extra of anything, let me know!

Becky said...

OHHH! My computer is now back and running. PRAISE THE GOOD LORD! My fingers are typing so fast it isn't even funny.

Mike says he is officially worried about me now!

Shannon said...

Too funny!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!