
A sweet blogger friend, "The Queen in Residence" from Shiner's House of Fun, gave me this award yesterday. Oh, my, how I love to receive blog awards, and even better, to pass them on to other blog buddies of mine...
Here are the details of this particular award:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
Eight bloggers, hmm? I think I can manage that. Here goes my list (in no particular order)...
1. Tales from the Lunchroom. Michelle may be my big sis, but she is also one of my favorite people on God's green earth. She is fairly new to this blogging craze, but has been a faithful reader and commenter since I started blogging over a year ago. Oh, and she loves getting awards!
2. In the Trenches. Becky has also been a reader/commenter of mine for awhile now, and finally succumbed to peer pressure and started a blog of her own. And she is hilarious! This girl was born to blog.
3. Lulaville. I don't know when I have ever met a more vivacious person than Lula. She is just as awesome in real life as she is on her blog. And her family is adorable. And funny. And I can't wait 'til she comes to our neck of the woods for a visit next year.
4. Three Little Indians. Jennifer was my very first not-related-to-me commenter. We have so much in common, other than the fact that I am a Yankee and she is a Texan. Her babies are adorable, and she is a genuinely kind person. Who runs in triathalons. And marathons. Okay, that's one thing we don't have in common.
5. Hi Ho Ohio. Catherine is the first blog friend I ever met in person. Neither one of us was an axe murderer or crazed psycho, so it has worked out. Our families have meshed well, becoming fast friends. She is the calmest person I know, taking her home-remodeling-nightmare all in stride. I'm thinking we need another Maggiano's night, girl.
6. Mindless Junque and The R Family Diaries. Heather and Tiffany are the epitome of this award. Hello, they started SITS to help all of us bloggers reach out to one another and find new friends. And they do it all just for the love it. How can you not love that?
7. Keeper of the Skies Wife. Betty is just so stinkin' sweet. And cute. And her family? Gorgeous. She generously shares her talents of crocheting and soapmaking with others (if you live in Ohio, ha, ha!). Someday Becky and I are making a trip to Arkansas so she can remember what it's like to have a house full of kids.
8. What Katy Did Design. Talk about reaching out to make friends. Katy lives in Australia! And she is my first swap buddy. I commented on how much I liked her little sausage dog creation; next thing I know, she is making one for me (and Gabe). What a sweet friend. And talented, too. (Check out her etsy shop.)
Girls, come on down and pick up your awards. Becky, I promise I will show you how. Thanks for being such a great bunch of bloggy (and real-life) friends!
15 comments:
Oh no. I have enough trouble writing my own blog, now I have to think of something to write about 8 blogs, oh my. I don't know if I even have 8 I can pick, you already picked half of them. I swear I didn't post that award blog because I wanted more, but I do like this one because it is about making friends (so me) and not about being creative (so not me). Being creative, that's what I have you for.
But I will accept it and proudly put it on my side bar, especially since it is from you. And you are my favorite person on God's green earth too. I guess I can't give it back to you can I?
Why thank you for the sweetness Heather!!
I am so glad my two girls are such wonderful friends as well as sisters. It makes me feel so good inside. Love, Mom
I. love. you. Really, I do.
I just love sharing the bloggy love. Thanks for the kind words. :>
awe! Thanks for the award. You are right.. I need help. My awards are piling up over here and I don't know what to do with them! Do not fear...Heather will be here..to save my blog;)
Thanks!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your award! Very well deserved
Congrats on the award!
Just poppin in from SITS. :o) Have a great day!
Yay you on your award!
Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!
Congrats on the award. I'm going to have to check out these other blogs. (I need to read another like I need a hole in my head - damn! I am my mother). Well, since I totally dig your spunky blog I know you deserve to be awarded an award (say that 10x fast).
Oh so kind you are! Another night out, yes...but being new in town, I say we try another place...been wanting to try Bucca in Rookwood...hear it is more fun with more people.
Now I have a Wednesday post to work on....8 favorites....who will it be!!!
That's cute..."Becky, I will show you how"...your mom's in on the blogging thing now too!
Thankyou so much lovely lady!!
Oh, thanks...this has made my night. Truly. And I love you in ways too obscene to list here.
Amen.
Look at you passing around the kool aid love.
I am taking a long sip.
We are so Big Love.
I will miss you this weekend!
Post a Comment