Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Summer lovin'

Check out the ultra-cool chic I get to hang out with today:



Yep, I know y'all are just green with envy right about now. Not only do I get to have a fabulous birthday with my best friend and my sisters and family for a whole week; not only do I get to go on a road trip to Lulaville for a weekend; now I get to spend a whole afternoon with this delightful diva. Sorry, folks...I don't mean to make you jealous, really I don't.


I know Becky doesn't believe me when I tell her that I love when I get to babysit Summer. I know she thinks it's me doing her this big favor. And I guess I'll just let her go on believing it. But the truth is this: I love me some Summer-time. This baby is A-Door-Uh-Bowl! She is such a girly-girl, and for some strange reason, she loves to kiss and hug on me all the time, which I just eat right up. Especially since Gabe is such a stingy bugger about giving his mommy some lovin'.

So, Becky, I guess I can sacrifice a couple of hours of my precious time and take care of your baby girl. It's a hardship, but that's what friends are for...


(Summer, you cannot tell your mom how much fun we had today. You cannot tell her how many donuts I let you eat, or how I held you the whole time, or how I generally spoiled you rotten while you were here. It's our little secret, 'kay?)

12 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I love babysitting....you get to give them back!

No really....when I get grandbabies I'm never gonna want to give them back.

What is it with you Ohio women and my shawls? Your sister won! I laughed when I got to her name and saw she was the winner.

Michelle said...

No wonder she likes to be with you. You feed her donuts. Have fun with her. The ones you give back are the best!

Can you believe I WON!!!!!!! I told her you, Becky and I will do a photo shoot.

Have a fun day.

Becky said...

She loves being with you. One way I can get her out the door to go to the Y is to tell her "Let's go see Heather!"
Hope she is good for you today. You never can tell with her new tantums. (Although donuts always help the situation!)

P.S. You know you spelled adorable wrong right? {{Ha Ha}}

Lula! said...

She is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous. And you are a good "aunt" to play with her. And feed her donuts.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

So you want to know about Enrique? okay here it is...... One day in church the woman were asked "if you were standed on a desert Island what three things would you take with you?" Woman were listing their scrapbooking items, their family, their scriptures all of which I think are great things but not what I would want with me. So when it came to my turn being the smart alack that I am I said- I would take a lounge chair, a good book and a bell. To which there were alot of funny looks, why the bell? So I could ring for Enrique my cabana boy to bring me whatever I wanted. Dead silence. Hey they asked and I told them. Now it is the joke that whenever we go somewhere The Man asks if Enrique is coming, am I bringing the bell.... We think it is funny, but I think I got blacklisted as a rebel with the woman. Oh well, it is what I really wanted if that ever happened.... So there you go.

MarciaBrady said...

Sounds like a fun day. So, if I come over, will you spoil me too? I like chocolate donuts and apple filled donuts! haha

How many different designs do you have for the Christmas cards? Just curioso. So, during the day is good for you? You know I'm not a morning person and have to drive over an hour, right? I'm thinking I could do 2pm one day...what do you think? Is that too late?

Unknown said...

Who could ask for a better prezzie she is so cute!!!
stopping by from SITS to say Hi! your blog is so so so pretty i LOVE the brown!

Katy said...

How is this... we print the big movie posters at work her for Hoyts Cinemas, Parmount etc and i just saw that we are printing the Twilight Movie posters, the movie comes out here in December. It is illegal to sell extra copies etc, but i might try and see if i can get you a copy, sometimes it's hard, but i will try!
Still haven't see the books here, but am looking!

HiHoOhio said...

that is just too cute!

Jen said...

Sometimes it is fun to spend the day with a young friend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

What a cutie! How nice that you got some hugs and kisses. I know how great that is.

Rhea said...

Summer's adorable, and what a perfect name for that happy, shining face?!!

You get to go to Lulaville?! No way!