You are looking at a recipe for disaster.
Did we miss our exit? Yep.
Did we try to get off of the next exit and backtrack, only to find that the bypass we needed was not accessible from that exit? Yep.
Did we go 30 miles out of our way? Yep.
But did we find it anyway? Oh, yes, we did. And really, those 30 miles just gave us more time to talk and laugh and generally have fun. Why is it when you're lost with your husband, it almost always leads to a fight, but when you get lost with a girlfriend, it's just funny?
The mall we went to is called Easton Mall in Columbus. It is like its own city. Our first stop was lunch (it was after 2pm by this time, and we were starving!). This Mitchell's Ocean Club looked yummy, so we posed for pictures before we went it and smudged our lipstick. Don't we look fine?

Hmm, that seemed strange.
Maybe because the restaurant was CLOSED.
Yep, we smiled and posed and clicked away, thinking of telling the story of our wonderful lunch on our blogs.
Can you say "dumb blondes"?
So, we mosied down to the California Pizza Kitchen and had a lovely lunch of tortilla soup, southwestern egg rolls, and ...shrimp scampi pizza. Okay, we ordered the pizza first, before we decided on our appetizers. Helpful hint: don't mix "southwest" with "scampi pizza". Ever. Come to think of it, shrimp on a pizza is never a good idea, in my IBS opinion.
So, we mosied down to the California Pizza Kitchen and had a lovely lunch of tortilla soup, southwestern egg rolls, and ...shrimp scampi pizza. Okay, we ordered the pizza first, before we decided on our appetizers. Helpful hint: don't mix "southwest" with "scampi pizza". Ever. Come to think of it, shrimp on a pizza is never a good idea, in my IBS opinion.
Our waitress was sweet enough to bring me a hot fudge sundae for my birthday, complete with a candle. No singing, thank God, but she did tell us good things about the Shadowbox Cabaret, a SNL-like comedy show we were planning on seeing that night.

The mall was a mix of inside and open-air shops. Trolleys, phonebooths, and bricked streets were everywhere.

Becky and I decided to pretend we were in the market for cocktail dresses at Nordstrom's. I'm sure the salesladies were onto us when we pulled out our cameras and started posing in the dressing room...
This girl is smokin' hot! Must be all those muscle max classes we've been (skipping).

Can you believe we went into no less than twenty or thirty different stores and didn't buy a thing?! And we still had a great time?! Window shopping with your BFF is simply divine, that's all I'm sayin'.
So, one of the things I most wanted to do was try on a pair of Lucky brand jeans. They're all the rage, you know, and I just knew that when I put them on, I would instantly look like a supermodel, or at least the size 8 that I used to be. I mean, for $129 a pair, they should perform liposuction, right?
Let me just say that I couldn't even get the size 8 pair over my damn hips. And they did not look flattering, nope, not even the pair that the size 0 salesgirl handpicked for my "figure". Old Navy, you have no competition here.

Can you believe we went into no less than twenty or thirty different stores and didn't buy a thing?! And we still had a great time?! Window shopping with your BFF is simply divine, that's all I'm sayin'.
After walking off our lunch, we decided to plop down at Barnes and Noble and sip a pumpkin spice latte (water for Becky, she's so good), while looking at some books. I love this picture of Becky:

And this one even more...

How many more days 'til the movie comes out, Lula?
About an hour before the show was to start, we decided to try out Happy Hour at Max & Erma's. We had Pomegranate Twists (well, I sucked down two while Becky sipped one). Yum.

We kicked off our tennis shoes, put on our heels, powdered our noses, and headed over to the Cabaret (which was also in the mall...how convenient!)

We couldn't take any flash photos while the show was going on, but Becky did get this one of me with our waiter/actor. Geez, I've already forgotten his name. (I was a bit buzzed by this point).
Picture a kickin' rock band interspersed with funny skits very similar to SNL, minus the famous people. There was Rosemary's Baby Shower, awesome music, and a final act of a showdown between the Trekkies and the Jedi's. Hysterical.

And this one even more...

How many more days 'til the movie comes out, Lula?
About an hour before the show was to start, we decided to try out Happy Hour at Max & Erma's. We had Pomegranate Twists (well, I sucked down two while Becky sipped one). Yum.

We kicked off our tennis shoes, put on our heels, powdered our noses, and headed over to the Cabaret (which was also in the mall...how convenient!)

We couldn't take any flash photos while the show was going on, but Becky did get this one of me with our waiter/actor. Geez, I've already forgotten his name. (I was a bit buzzed by this point).
Picture a kickin' rock band interspersed with funny skits very similar to SNL, minus the famous people. There was Rosemary's Baby Shower, awesome music, and a final act of a showdown between the Trekkies and the Jedi's. Hysterical. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. Starting at 12noon, when I picked Becky up, all the way through the day, and up until the time I dropped Becky off at home at 11pm. Seriously, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much and I'm pretty sure I peed my pants at least twice. Catherine, we must have said "it's all good" about a hundred times, thinking of you each time.
Becky, thank you for a great birthday celebration! I can't wait until March, when we can do it again for yours.
Blondes can rock, see?



17 comments:
I came over here to read show me the candy and I got 2 dumb blodes instead...it looks like you had lots of fun! Good for you chickies!!!
Looks like you two had BLAST!
I'm impressed that you can shop all day and not buy a thing. I do not have that kind of self control!!!
I agree with Betty. I can't believe you didn't buy a thing. But, how much did you spend on food and drink? That's better anyway if you ask me.
I want to know who was driving and who was navigating?
That definitely goes down in the pages of funniest time ever in my books!! We caught that special spark we caught on my birthday! (except no tattoos to show from it!)
I really haven't laughed that much since I was a kid!
Thanks for the great day out!
(um..and his name was Jared...how could you forget...just "like the subway guy, except younger,taller, and blacker!")
So glad to hear that you two had such a great time! It is so much fun to have a wonderful best friend. I could go on and on about the times that I have had with Dale who is my BFF but there is not enough space. It sounds like your birthday was great this year. Love, Mom
What a fun birthday! I love that ya'll spent 12 hours together laughing, shopping, eating, and drinking, and laughing some more. That SNL like place sounds very cool. I wonder if we have anything like that around here...
I looks like you guys had an awesome time. It has been such a long time since I have been out with one of my girlfriends. I might just have to plan a shopping day soon.
What a fun trip!!!
Um, yeah, shrimp on pizza... no. Not even if Wolfgang is making it.
So, where are we all meeting up?
You're really making me miss my best friend right now. I think you were two VERY smart blondes to have such a fabulous day!
Kinda like that whole crawdaddy I saw a top a pizza in Italy--ew, something just wasn't right.
Oh, what a fun day! Sounds like my and friend Rachael's days of decadence on our birthdays when we lived closer.
looks like a blast!!!! blondes rock!!!
Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. Happy Birthday! Blondes totally rock... and for sure know how to have a good time. ;)
Girl, if your in Columbus you HAVE to eat at the Fish Market
http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/
It has the best food and their calamari is to die for. My husband and I talk about going back all the time. Course it is like an 10 hour drive for us. My son lives in Stubenville Ohio, and I need to visit him. I'll for sure be stopping at the Fish Market.
Looks like you all had a blast. I NEVER get a girls day anymore. I miss that. But seeing I have one day off a week, I have to spend that with my girls, so I guess I do have a girls day out after all. Just different sorts of coversations such as "Mommy, I had a dream that a monster put you and daddy in jail" But I drove and got you out and fought that monster"
19 days 'til Twilight hits theaters.
Yes, I commented on that first. You are not surprised. Not one bit.
I lived vicariously through y'all while reading this post. SO DANG FUN! I loved every word, every picture, every story...and y'all deserved every minute of it.
p.s. There will be NO shrimp on pizza while you're in the Gap this weekend. Because my middle name is IBS. Amen.
We moved to Columbus 2 weeks after we got married...they were merely clearing the lot for that mall when we were there!!!! We were only there a year, so we never got to see the completion...it looks great.
I love that your birthday celebration was a week long. Awesome.
Looks like it was all good, very good!!!
Sounds like a perfect day to me! What fun!
Post a Comment