Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mmm...pumpkin bread

'Tis the season...

The season for pumpkin bread, that is.

A few years ago, my neighbor brought me over a loaf of this homemade pumpkin bread, and after eating the entire loaf in one evening, I begged her for the recipe.

I won't make my bloggy friends beg, 'cause that's the kind of girl I am. Sorry I can't bake enough loaves for y'all to sample...hopefully the pictures will suffice. I promise that this is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted...I think you'll agree.

First step: print off the recipe.

Second step: gather ingredients. This bread is even more delicious when served with pumpkin coffee from Get the Bean (courtesy of my friend, Catherine).

Third step: mix the ingredients in the Kitchen Aid mixer you just had to have, but only use for two months out of the year.

Fourth step: fold batter into whatever pan you have clean and sprayed with non-stick spray. I doubled the recipe this time, so it made enough for four mini-loaves and twenty-four mini-muffins (pans from Pampered Chef). Place in preheated oven and bake until they look done.

Fifth step: try to let them cool long enough so you don't burn the roof of your mouth when you take the first bite (I hate when that happens!). If you are a gracious neighbor, share. If not, well then, I'm glad you're not MY neighbor.

Paula's (not Paula Deen, just neighbor Paula) Pumpkin Bread recipe:


Ingredients (for a 9x5x3 loaf pan...double for the amount shown)

4 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(a handful of mini chocolate chips, optional)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your pan(s).
2. Mix cream cheese, butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl. Beat eggs in one at a time until blended. Mix in pumpkin.
3. In another bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients. Slowly stir into pumpkin mixture until well-blended. Fold batter into greased pan(s).
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes for loaf pan, less for muffins. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack.
5. Enjoy!




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd share! I'd share!

I Love Purple More Than You said...

That looks divine! I make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins every year for the holidays. Pumpkin and chocolate are a GREAT combo. (who knew?)

And I'm loving your kitchen backsplash!

Michelle said...

Ohhhhhh, that sound heavenly. I just might have to make some (yeah, right). YOU should make some for Thanksgiving to go along with the Pumpkin Crisp.

Love how nice and shiney everything is lookin' in the kitchen. :)

Heathersmom said...

You know how I feel about pumpkin, but your dad would have loved it minus the nuts. I did make pumpkin bread for him and since you know how much I dislike pumpkin you know how much I loved your dad. Have a good day and kiss all my grandbabies for me. Love, Mom

Becky said...

Sounds like I'll be baking soon!

Lula! said...

Reason #489 why we are in love. Pumpkin. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin coffee. Pumpkin crisp.

Next year, let's dress as pumpkins for Halloween. Sexy pumpkins, that is.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Yes I was trying to figure out how to print the little receipe picture! luckily I scrolled on down to see it in real size! Thanks!!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Yummy and I would share too. I love your kitchen with all the tile backsplash.
I am so glad that you typed the recipe I was looking at the first picture going, huh? Sorry it is early and I am still not awake.

Glad you liked the Enrique story, it raised a few eyebrows, but that it the kind of girl that I am, keep them guessing.

Rhea said...

Thanks for not making us beg. That looks awesome. And I love your cute recipe paper!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I made gooey butter pumpkin cake a few weeks ago. I am thinking that pumpkin bread is now in the cards.

I wish you were my neighbor...

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I love anything pumpkin!

Oh, I'm never gonna lose these 10 pounds with all the scrumptious recipes out there.

Jen said...

I love pumpkin bread and so do my kids. I have some pumpkin in the fridge that has this written all over it.

Heather said...

cute blog!!! I got to this one through many many others...they led me to yours:)
I love the recipe, yumm-O!!!
I just started a blog...and Im trying to learn how to add pictures, and Im really frustrated!!! HELP...haha
anyway...just wanted to say really cute blog!

Ashley said...

Those look delicious! I'm not a huge pumpkin person but that last photo has me craving some warm banana nut muffins for some reason. I think it is time to start the holiday baking!

Shannon said...

Mmmmm... looks good!

I don't care for pumpkin pie... but I LOVE pumpkins bars. And I made a pumpkin cake last week that was pretty good (not as good as the pumpkin bars, though)

And would you not just LOVE for Ms. Deen to be your neighbor??!?!?!!?!