Friday, May 16, 2008

Weekend Plans?

Got any great weekend plans, anyone? Boy, I do...I'll be spending late nights on the banks of the Ohio River, basking in the glow of...the tower on top of Christ Hospital :) Hopefully, my shifts this weekend will be better than last night, when I barely had time to eat or pee; running between my two very sick patients and dealing with physicians, families, CT scans, labs, etc. I am TIRED! I don't usually admit to that particular feeling, but I am tonight. I am in somewhat of a daze, almost too tired to just sit and rest on the couch or even go to bed. I'm sure I will be recovered by the morning, in time to watch Elijah play his last flag football game and then, weather permitting, his first baseball game. I'll let you know how it goes next week. Please say a prayer for my mom, who will be undergoing surgery on Monday. Her name is Carolyn. I'll be spending the day with her, so most likely there will be no posts from me until Tuesday. Take care, and enjoy your weekend, for my sake!


1 comment:

Honorary Indian said...

I will say prayers for your Mom for sure.

I have a good friend moving to Ohio this summer...but I can't remember if it's Cincinnati or Cleveland?!

We lived in Columbus, OH the first year of marriage...my hubby did a fellowship at Grant Medical Center.

It was a good year...my parents are actually FROM Columbus, so us spending a year there was really God's plan. I got to re-bond with my grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousins.

We also started attending the same church where I was baptized as a baby! Very cool!

Anyway, I remember those busy night shifts well. Hope you have time to replenish your body with food and to relieve yourself from a full bladder. : )