The unique angle of this picture was achieved by the short stature of the photographer...doesn't Isabel do a great job?I have been wanting to do a post about Kay, my favorite (I know, only) mother-in-law; but it seems as if we never get a picture of the two of us together. So, I had to grab Isabel and have her take it on Sunday, for Mother's Day, after church and before our cookout.
Kay was only 39 years old when I met her. Joe and I had been dating about two weeks, when he took me over to "meet the parents". We had an instant connection, Kay and I. She loves kids, reading books, and shopping. Me, too! She loves Joe. Me, too! And now, she loves my kids. Me, too! And scrapbooking and cardmaking and gardening and Tennessee...We have so much in common. We live minutes away from each other. We love Cracker Barrel breakfast (her favorite: one pecan pancake with light syrup, a side of bacon, coffee, and water with lemon). Archivers and Hobby Lobby and Kohl's are our favorite stores. We can shop 'til we drop, and be laughing the whole time. I just love this woman!
Before we got married, Kay told Joe that if we ever argued, he should know that she would be taking my side, because she knew how he was :) And she was telling the truth. Kay has always been a good listener and a strong advocate for me...if I'm mad, she's mad with me. If I'm happy, ditto. We both lost our dads within months of each other, and we never had to explain to each other what we were feeling...we just knew.
God knew what I needed when He blessed me with Kay as a mother-in-law. My life has been so much easier with her in it. I hope we have many more years together to enjoy each other's company. As it is, I try to let her know how much I appreciate and love her every day. Kay, this one's for you!
1 comment:
I just re-read it and I teared up again. Love you Heather. Kay
Post a Comment