Saturday, May 3, 2008

I won!

For those of you who know me, you know that I am very unlucky when it comes to winning anything. I don't buy lottery tickets, not even scratch-offs; I have never won any contest where you drop your name in and hope to be picked. So...imagine my surprise when I saw my name on Becky Higgin's blog under the "winners" section! I won this new book by Lisa Bearnson, and I am so excited! I called my big sis, Michelle, right away (I knew she would appreciate my joy). Anyone who knows me knows I am a Becky Higgins addict; buying anything she publishes, checking her blog for ideas/recipes/just for fun. I just really admire her scrapbooking style, and I love her idea books "Creative Sketches". Although this book isn't by Becky, I also love Lisa B. She is the founder of Creating Keepsakes magazine, and though her style is different than mine, I still enjoy seeing her layouts and reading her ideas.

So, yay, I finally won! And since my new scrappin' room is almost complete, I will be ready to make some beautiful pages and cards when I receive my book. More pictures to come later.

Have a great weekend. Baseball games are canceled due to rain, so now I can lounge around with the kiddos until it's time for work. Sometimes I am happy to see the rain :)

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Heather, I love the pictures posted since I visited last. Especially, the mother daughter one! If possible you should visit that place in 3 or 4 years and take another picture in the same place to see how she has grown. You will be amazed and will wonder where the time has gone! That is when counting your blessings along the way will totally pay off!!!!