Monday, May 12, 2008

A really great day...

Although it was stormy and a bit chilly, yesterday was my best Mother's Day yet! I got beautiful handmade cards from Elijah, Isabel, Joe and Kay (my mother-in-law); lots of flowers to plant; dinner out on Saturday night, along with a shopping trip to Ikea to get more organization items for my scrapbook room; and a yummy grilled-out dinner after church. Then I got to do two of my favorite things: shop with Kay and Isabel, and workout with Becky (had to burn off all those calories!). All in all, a great day. Here are some of my favorite pics. I'm saving the one of Kay and me for a different post.


Elijah, almost ten years old. My firstborn, my "parenting experiment", smart, funny, very athletic and awesome at video games and the computer. Makes friends easily, loves his mom and Jesus, too.



Isabel, eight years old. My only daughter, my secondborn, my "millenium baby". She was due on December 31, 1999, the year of Y2K. Thankfully, she came 10 days early. Beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, so mature for her age it's scary, artistic, a great friend and an even better sister and daughter. Where would our family be without her?

Gabriel, three years old. The baby of the family, our "bonus baby", born to us even though we thought we were done with babies. So handsome, energetic, the jokester. Loves Hot Wheels, our puppy, playing outside with Daddy; especially loves to be with Elijah and Isabel. Currently in love with anything dinosaurs: books, figures, flashcards, movies. I love his bedtime prayer: "Dear Jesus, I wuv you, amen".


How I ever deserved these amazing children, I don't know, but I count my blessings every day. I wouldn't be the mom I am today without the help of so many people, though. God, my husband, my mom, my dad, my sisters, my mother-in-law, and my friends. So much love given to me in my lifetime, that I have plenty to shower on my babies.
Wow, feeling sentimental today...guess that's what Mother's Day is all about!


Hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day, too!


2 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Love, love, love the pics of Mommy and her angels. I like that we both have the girl-boy-boy combo!

We certainly are blessed, aren't we?!

Sojourner said...

Beautiful smiles all around! I'm glad you had a happy Mother's Day!