Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tiny Dancer

Well, maybe not so tiny after all. How does the time go so slow when you're a kid, but then you have kids of your own, and bam! time is flying by like a freight train?! I can distinctly remember the day Isabel was born, watching her take her first steps (at 9 months old!), taking her to preschool and watching her run away from me over to her teacher, without so much as a glance backward. Now here she is, at the end of second grade, and so beautiful she takes my breath away. I think that's why I take so many pictures...how else will I really be able to hold onto all those little moments that disappear before you even blink?

Isabel started taking Jazz dance lessons in kindergarten, at our local dance studio "Dancekids". She took last year off to do gymnastics, then decided to return to dance this school year. Her instructor, Miss Denise, is wonderful, and Isabel adores her. They have been working hard since September, learning their recital number. They will be doing a "lyrical" dance to this song from "Pocahontas", Vanessa Williams' "Colors of the Wind". The recital is in June, and I can't wait to see Isabel up on stage. No stage fright at all in this girl...she just gets up there and does what she has practiced for the past 9 months. She has such poise and maturity for her 8 years; I think God has big plans for her life. She is compassionate, kind, funny, extremely intelligent...can you tell I'm her mother? Just a little biased. If I can figure out how to post a video, I'll try to post one of her dance later next month. Have a great day, and if you can figure out how to slow down the time train, please let me know!






No comments: