Friday was a rainy and cool day, but Saturday morning dawned bright and clear and definitely warmer. We were invited to a cookout at Becky and Mike's in the afternoon, and I was so looking forward to spending the day with our families, celebrating the holiday and kicking off summer. It is so great to find a friend whose family is compatible with your own...Mike and Joe get along, our kids get along (especially Jake and Elijah, and Isabel and Matthew), and of course, Becky and I get along great. We had a great time jumping on the trampoline, fishing in the pond, chasing humongous bullfrogs, grilling out yummy food, visiting the open house of the new scrapbook retreat in Lebanon, and then drinking white sangria and eating s'mores by the fire pit, listening to Mike perform on his guitar for the crowd. We were so bummed when it was time to go, but I had to work at the hospital both Sunday and Monday and I needed some sleep. I took lots of pics at the cookout, none at work :)

Isabel and Tatum on the trampoline...Isabel had bloodied her nose the night before, jamming her knee on the bridge of her nose, and officially being the first injury on the Lieser trampoline!


Sweet Summer in her adorable bonnet...I can't get enough of this baby!


Becky and I, hanging out by the pond, praying our boys don't hook each other instead of the blue gill :)

I just love the expression on Summer's face, watching Joe and probably wondering what on earth he is talking about.

Gabe, wishing he was big enough to fish one minute, then crying "I can't like the pond!" the next. Why is it that all three-year-old's are bipolar?

Beer and fishing, does it get any better? (For the guys, that is)

Jake is holding Elijah's first catch...those fish were biting like crazy!

The end of a perfect evening...can't wait to do it again, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment