Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ice Cream and Baseball

One of the best things about where we live is the close proximity to Dairy Queen. Usually once a week, we load up the van and go through the drive-thru at the local DQ. You know kids...they love routine; Isabel and Elijah always get a small vanilla cone, Gabe and Daddy always get a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate, and Mommy usually gets a banana pudding Blizzard. Isabel was nice enough to share her cone with Ellie, who was in seventh heaven!


After ice cream, Mamaw Kay came down to go for a walk (to burn off those calories!). The boys are so ready for baseball season...poor Elijah has not been able to play a game yet, due to rain-outs. We're hoping for this Saturday to be sunny and dry. Last night, they were so desperate to have a practice, they played in the drizzly mist. My flowers and lawn love the rain; my son, not so much :)










Between the Bengals and the Reds, you can tell we are a Cincinnati family! Elijah is such a loyal fan, even when our teams are not doing so hot. I love that about him. He is a sports nut, even more than Joe or I. I wonder where he gets that? I have way more fun watching his Little League games than any Major League game; I get so excited when they get a good hit, I'm practically peeing my pants, cheering them on from the sidelines. I can't wait to get some good pics from his games, if we ever have any!



No comments: