Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getaway!

Once in a while, my husband does something so sweet that it practically knocks my socks off.

If I were wearing socks, that is. (I've been a bit of a flip-flop girl this summer)

What did he do, you ask?

Well, alrighty then, I'll tell you.

He looked at my schedule and found that starting Monday, I have three days off in a row. On his own, he booked two nights at a bed and breakfast in Port Clinton, Ohio.



This is a photo of our suite:


We're going to spend one day exploring the little island of Put-in-Bay...
And another day riding as many roller coasters as we can at Cedar Point...



Mix all that fun with a couple of winery tours, good food and great company, and this promises to be a great get-away. Joe, you rock (even if you cannot seem to locate the laundry basket with your dirty clothes...). This more than makes up for it :)
A huge thank you to Kay, the best mother-in-law in the whole wide world, for watching the kids (and the dog and the cats) while we're gone. You are a marriage-saver, and we are so grateful for you.

Can't wait to share my pictures with y'all later this week!

10 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

WOW! Your hubby is the best! I hope you guys have a wonderful getaway and can't wait to hear about all the fun. :-)

Rebecca Jo said...

My goodness... how sweet is that!!!!

Suzann said...

Okay, I'm way green with envy. Dang girl! Have fun.

Cammie said...

That is SO awesome and I am super jealous!!!

CaraBee said...

Is Joe available for "How To Be The Perfect Husband" classes? Mine is lacking a little in the spontaneous romance department.

Jen said...

that is awesome!!! I so wish my hubby would do something like this for me.
I hope that you have a great time!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Awww...Joe got some HUGE brownie points for this, didn't he!!!

Have fun and don' drink and ride the coasters!!!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! Jealous and excited all at the same time!!!!!! Have an incredible "love layover"....:) I was trying to be witty with that one, but that's all I got.

Joe.....you are a legend in the world of husbands. Heather is a blessed woman!

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Lula! said...

I am soooooo jealous.

Joe wins. He does.
We'll talk this one up BIG TIME in a few weeks...

But then I can't complain. Scott is taking me to Austin to meet you-know-who.
Good times.

Have fun...can't wait to hear all about it.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am so jealous, but then again behind every good woman is a really good man. Have a wonderful time and can't wait to see the pictures - G-rated of course, ahemmm!!!