Last Thursday was Elijah's 11th birthday. We celebrated with a Mom and me date at King's Island, and a new Nintendo DSi.
Perfect weather. Spending time with my oldest son. Riding rollercoasters and screaming our fool heads off. Getting soaked at the water park afterwards. Good times, folks...

Following in Disney's footsteps, KI has made a "single riders" line for their newest roller coaster. We waited only 3 minutes to get on, and even though we didn't sit right next to each other, we were able to ride at the same time. I LOVE that Elijah likes coasters as much as me!

Incredibly high hill with a 70 degree angle drop!

Coming in for a landing...

Joe brought Gabe and Isabel up to the waterpark later in the day for some family fun.
Gratuitous Gabe shot:

Kids + water (always) = fun.

Elijah was adamant about wanting a more expensive gift rather than a big party. On his actual birthday, I made him a white cake with white icing and no sprinkles (picky kid). Of course, I did not plan ahead, and only had ten candles. So I improvised.
Get it?!
The whole fam (Joe's a bit sweaty from putting together the new basketball hoop from Mamaw and Papaw, in the 100 degree heat! Gabe was upset over not getting to blow out the candles for a third time).

Elijah had a baseball game against his best friend later that evening, and I had a date with some bloggers.
Catherine from HiHoOhio, Jennifer from Three Little Indians and their friend, Jeanne, came up to Lebanon for dinner. It was my first time ever meeting Jennifer in real life.
(A little background: When I started blogging two years ago, Jennifer was my first non-family commenter. She and Catherine were friends in Texas, and when Catherine moved to Ohio, we became friends, too.)
We had to document our exciting first get-together (with our blogs in mind, of course! Thanks to Catherine for capturing the moment with my camera.)



We ate dinner at the historic Golden Lamb Inn in downtown Lebanon. The food was decent, the wine was good, but the company was the best! We laughed 'til we cried over Jeanne's fake southern Steel Magnolian accent, the offer of a lap dance from the busboy, and the swooping "historic" bat that decided to join us for dinner. It was a fabulous evening, and I was sorry to see it end. Someday I am flying to Texas to visit, Jennifer, I'm telling you!



13 comments:
Emerson loves rollercoasters too, but she certainly doesn't get it from me.
The feeling was mutual...great evening all around. Even the bat! Come on down to Texas anytime...such fun to meet you!!!
I have not been to Kings Island in forever and it is closer to us than Cedar Point. I keep telling Joe I want to take the kids there.
Happy Bday Elijah!
The pictures of you two meeting are HILARIOUS!!!! Love it!
And look how creative you are with the candles! You should do that every year!! Make it a pop quiz in the future - when they're all grown, you can ask "What birthday is this? - GO" who can add them up the quickest wins! :)
Looks like Elijah had a wonderful birthday!! I love the candles on the cake. ---one time I forgot candles and we used a votive---
Love the pictures of you meeting Jennifer...too funny! Only us bloggers would take photos like that!
Look at y'all having all kinds of fun! And each of you had on some sassy shoes--y'all are my people, for sure.
p.s. Love Elijah's candles. You rock my world.
You are such a good mommy! I love taking Michael on dates! It's such a great time to just shower him with attention! The candle thang is rockin'.
I already commented on FB about your Vera bag, but it just makes me love you all the more!!!!
Wow you have been busy, but a great family, bloggy friend kinda busy.
I loved the candles, what a great idea!
what a great week you had. Happy Birthday! I love the candles on the cake! Too funny.
Awesome that you got to meet some bloggy friends.
fun fun fun. Love it all chicka!
What a fun day! I am so excited for my daughter to be old enough to take to the amusement parks. It has been too long since I went to one.
I wish my bloggy friends lived closer to me. They're all so far away that I have to go to the end of the earth to see them. But I will. In November. :)
LOVE the mom & me bday date!! He'll remember that bday for many many years to come.
And I simply cannot WAIT to have another blogger meet & greet in the Smoky Mtns this Fall! Gatlinburg will truly never be the same. LOL!
Post a Comment