1. Joe and I don't have "date nights" nearly often enough.
2. I care not what other people think about me, as evidenced by the fact that I carried my camera and took many pictures of the two of us on our date night, expressly for the purpose of blogging about it later.
3. I can still have a great time with my husband, even after fourteen years of togetherness.
Saturday night was a rather impromptu date night.
Kay came to our rescue, agreeing to babysit.
We needed to get some shopping done, so this was a dual-purpose date. One of our favorite restaurants is near Ikea, so we headed there first.
Before leaving a very sad Gabe with his Mamaw ("I just want to be with you, Mommmmy!"), Kay took a picture of the two of us.
We jammed to some BEP "Boom Boom Pow" and "Party All Night" on the way to West Chester. Joe was feeling pretty cool by this point:

I was just having a great time...

The BEST cornbread I have ever tasted. Should be dessert. Honey-pecan buttery goodness waiting to be slathered on top.

Yum!

Joe cracking up at one of the silly pictures I took of him...

Hand-pulled pork with our choice of bbq sauce, fire-roasted corn, mashed tatoes and gravy, baked beans and garlic bread. Jeez, I'm hungry again just telling y'all about it!

Sharing Joe's (second) frozen Cosmo. Maybe just a little tiny bit tipsy now.

Okay, maybe a LOT tipsy...

Next stop, Ikea, the mecca of organization tools for your home, and styin' Swedish furniture.

See? Look at that stylish ensemble. Not really my style, but fun to look at all the same. I love the way Ikea has little apartments all set up throughout the store.

Stopped for a brief makeout session in the shower...

picked out our bookcase for the living room and headed out the door. No trip to Ikea is complete without their delish (and cheap) cinnamon rolls, though.

Only 8pm. We were NOT ready to go home, so we cruised around until we found a cool little pub in Mason, where we drank a bit...
and played some pool...

I won the first game, Joe won the second...

I'm sure people were laughing at us while we acted the fools and took a gazillion pictures of each other, but you know what? I truly don't care. We had a great time together, and I have the photographic proof!

I won the first game, Joe won the second...

I'm sure people were laughing at us while we acted the fools and took a gazillion pictures of each other, but you know what? I truly don't care. We had a great time together, and I have the photographic proof!
Man, we need date night more often! Already planning our next one...

13 comments:
I don't think you're crazy! Matt and I do that all the time. Remember when we went to go see Spamalot and took pictures on the bus? That's just how we roll.
Looks like you two had a BLAST!!!
That's right-who cares!! John & I do the same thing!!
We don't have an IKEA around here....wish we did.
I'm glad ya'll got to have a fun night!! And thanks for sharing it with us!!!
It is so nice when the kids get old enough to tend themsleves and you can leave whenever you want to.....I paid my dues, not it is time to reap them@!!
You guys are the best couple. I can totally tell that you had an awesome time. I think that it would be so much fun to go on a double date with you.
LOVE you took pictures... my hubs would be a grump & not let me take a picture of anything!! Good sport, your guy is!
And I'm so jealous... I want an IKEA around here!!!!!
hooray for date night...especially impromptu date nights.
can you believe we'll MEET in 4 days??? wahooo!
You two look like you had a GREAT time! I can't wait to have nights like that with Mr. B.
As long as work doesn't get in the way.
Looks like you all had a blast! I love IKEA. The closest one is 2 hours away, but still love. it.
okay, I'm envious. Bryon and I haven't been out for fun like that in forever. But, Bryon is the king of party poopers. LOL.
Looks like you had a GREAT time. Thanks for the photos - I thought you were crazy before this though. (which is why I love ya Chicka).
I would never dare going into an Ikea after a couple of drinks. I'm bad enough in that place stone cold sober. I just can't resist their strangely named goodies. Show me a shoe rack called Bornflug and I'm sold!
That cornbread looks awesome!
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! You should check out springpad's date night planner to help plan future dates, it's a great resource.
Rachel @ springpad
WOW!
You can play pool? That's so hot. And sexy.
I can't play. Therefore I am neither hot, nor sexy.
We love Smokey Bones.
We love date nights.
Wish y'all lived closer, so we could take you to our fave place, Cafe Lola.
So glad y'all had fun. Praise God for Kay.
p.s. We take pictures on all of our date nights--of our drinks, the food, the crazy guy picking his nose in the car next to us...and you'd know this IF YOU'D GET TEXTING. Cause I'd send you text pics. Yep.
I love that you had your drinks BEFORE the shopping. Maybe I should try that with my husband! We just had our first mini vacation to Vegas without the kids in 5 years. It was BLISS!
Post a Comment