The last day of school aka the first day of summer.
Are we ready?

Why, yes, yes we are...
We had a great school year. Elijah had a terrific fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Linsley (who also happens to be our neighbor). Gabe was pretty much an honorary member of both Elijah and Isabel's classes...he went to almost every party and event, and fit right in.

Isabel's third grade teacher, Mrs. Francis, survived her first year of teaching with flying colors. We'll be missing her!

To help kick off summer vacation, Gabe and I filled up a bunch of "cherry bomb" water balloons.

Gabe was pretty pumped up about this.

We had a great idea to ambush Isabel and Elijah when they got off of their school buses. Gabe hid behind a bush, and waited for my signal...

Got her!

Now for Elijah's turn!

Five minutes later, all the balloons were gone and we were soaked. Totally worth the thirty minutes I spent filling the little suckers up (really, totally worth it).
Now I feel that summer is truly here!
8 comments:
That is hysterical! What a good mama you are. The ninja waterballoon tactic is chock full of coolness.
Love your landscaping by the way. My yard is sad.....:(
Looks like fun! Have a great summer vacation!
that is a totally cool way to begin summer.
Emerson still has 1 day and 1 hour left. We will be totally happy to get rid of this 4th grade teacher. To kick off our summer, Emerson is getting her haircut for her "summer do" and I am making her a special dinner to celebrate.
that is an awesome idea!
But, I've got to say that Gabe is so full of passion and happiness, it's just oozing out of him. I LOVE that kid.
You ROCK mom!!!
What an awesome idea!
You should have gotten dad coming home from school, too!!! :)
What a fun mom you are!!!! A water balloon fight for the end of school... AWESOME!!!
Those little boogers are hard to fill up sometimes too! So you get even MORE Mommy points! :)
You are a super awesome mom! How fun is that?! I can't wait for summer to start for us!!
Post a Comment