Friday, June 26, 2009

Yard Sale!

Calling all yard sale lovers!

We are having a yard sale bright and early Saturday morning. If you know where we live, stop on by. If you need directions, give me a call.

Gabe is "so essighted (excited)" to sell his toys. Methinks he really has no idea what "yard sale" implies. I have tried to explain to him that people will (hopefully) give us money for our stuff, then take it to their homes.

He thinks it's gonna be one big party where everyone is just coming over to play.

Should be interesting.

If you hear screams of "Hey, that's mine!" coming from Ohio, that'll be Gabe...

8 comments:

Suzann said...

Ah the ever dreadful Yard Sale. May the weather be not too hot, may the shoppers know the value of a bargain, and may Gabe learn to let go and appreciate the phrase, "show me the money!".
Enjoy Chicka!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I love a yard sale... going to them - not having one... that's alot of work! But hopefully it'll ALL be worth it... hope you get lots of visitors with lots of cash flowing! :)

When I was little, my mom sold my winter coat - she said I literally laid on the ground & cried & SCREAMED - NOOOOO!!! Geez.. hope Gabe doesnt have those moments!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

If you are selling any Thomas I want it.

Melissa said...

HOpe your sale went well. WE had one today, too. We made almost $300. We're raising money to take the youth group to camp.....:) I'm pooped.

BBB said...

Well I sure would have headed over if I were... well...a lot closer :)

HOpe it was successful!

Shannon said...

Soooo... was he able to let his toys go without any incidents?


Hope the sale was a success!

Lauralee Provenzo said...

Aww how cute. "Hey that's mine!" I just tried to sell some stuff at a yardsale yesterday at a friend's of mine, but didn't work out too well for me. Hope you had better luck.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Glad the sale went well!!! I didn't hear Gabe scream so I assume he had fun and was OK when his stuff sold?