(Sounds like a great idea for a Hallmark card. Hmmm...)
Last week, Catherine and I met up at her new house here in Ohio and had an awesome playdate with all of our kiddos. They haven't moved in to the house yet, so the kids had plenty of room to run amuck and explore. This place is incredible...117 years old, two staircases from the first level, cabinets and cubbies and closets galore, hardwood everywhere...I wanted to play hide and seek as soon as we got there, but I restrained myself. There are lots of fun things to do within walking distance, so we gathered up the kids and went out.
Say "choo-choo train, kids". We could hear the whistle of the train...Gabe couldn't wait to run ahead and try to see it for himself on our way to the park.
There is a cool "Ikea-like" playstructure just down the street. My kids were a little wary at first; Elijah fell off and hurt his back within the first five minutes, but then they got the hang of things and had a great time.

Addison and Campbell are so stinkin' cute and sweet; perfect little hostesses and so fun to play with. Isabel can't wait to have them over for a sleepover!

Can you see the anxiety all over Elijah's face, sitting at the top of this (slide?). Made for a cool picture, though...

Isabel is a pro at the monkeybars, one of her favorite playground toys. Check out those arms!

Now we have each seen the other's hometowns, been in each other's homes, and we're still friends (even more than before). So you girls who have been too afraid to meet a blogger-friend, pay attention. You could be missing out on the chance for a great new friendship.
In the words of the ancient wise man Nike, I say "Just do it".
7 comments:
Gabe would love where I live -- I'm on the highway and you can see the train passing from my house but after so long the noise kind of gets to you. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and you made a life long friend. That does sound like a good name for a card. you should try it. From the look of the picture of the house I love that porch does it go across the front of the house. Can't wait till next summer when we get to move out of town.
I think that is so cool. I am glad that you could meet a blogger in person. I hope that someday my chance will come.
I was always going to ask you, have you every heard of NIT through AACN? Plans to go at anytime? Its in May.
FUN!
I've got a couple of Bloggy Get-Togethers in tentative plans over the next few months. People who live near me...people who live across the country...people who love Twilight...ha!
Ohio is not so far from me, you know!
That is so neat! I'm glad you got to get together.
Is the first picture in front of their new home or somewhere else? Cause I am dying to see more.
Hi,
Just popping in to say thanks for stopping at my blog Tote and Tee via SITS today. It means a lot that you took the time to peek around at my store.
That plaything looks so fun! My kids would love it!
Have a great weekend,
Amy
Those are cute, I will blog more later and add my photos. You can see more house photos on my Blog Amy, just click on my name!!!!
Post a Comment