Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Inspiration


I forgot to include this photo of my BFF, Becky and her husband, Mike, from our cookout last week. They are such a neat couple who totally beat the odds of marrying at seventeen, having four babies, owning their own business, and still being able to laugh together. I love hanging out with them...they are an inspiration to all married couples.
Becky, you have no idea what your friendship means to me. I missed you last week. I missed our workouts (just look at my butt, OMG, it's getting bigger by the minute), I missed our conversations about kids, husbands and life in general. I seriously can't wait until school starts and we get back to a routine again.
I have some advice for you: DO NOT get on that scale again until after the kids have gone to school and we have had two solid weeks of working out. Do you hear me? Put the darn thing in the closet if you have to. (And lay off the powdered sugar donuts. It's for your own good that I'm talking here.) Just remember how far we have come since last year. You are doing fine. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you look way more muscular today than you did last week. Must be from lifting that baby up and down. Really, I'm sure it's muscle, not the donuts :)
For those of you who do not know the history of me and Becky, here is the short version. Our sons played on the same flag football team at our YMCA last fall. I struck up a conversation with Becky at practice one evening, and we talked at the games on Saturday mornings. Once football was over, we knew our friendship was just beginning, so we had to find an excuse to stay in touch. We started working out together at the Y, and by January of this year, we knew we were BFF's. She inspires me to be a better mom and a better wife. We just "click", having so much in common it's scary. I haven't had a friend like her since, well, high school. With less drama and more laughs, though. I hope everyone reading this has a friend like Becky. She is truly Heaven-sent.

9 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

BFF's are the Best!!! I miss all mine!

BBB said...

Awwww - that's so cool!!! BFF's are wonderful treasures aren't they? Don't ever let her go!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

That is so sweet -- we moved away and my friends moved away so as for now I do not have a bff. I so busy with homeschooling and life I don't know if I really have time. But I have my sister-in-law and we chat about school, life, husbands, kids and so on so I guess in a since she is my bff.

BBB said...

Look what I found!!!

http://missouri.hometownlocator.com/MO/Marion/Heather.cfm

Lula! said...

Oh...I love Becky. She needs to be my friend, too. Has she read Twilght? (You knew I had to ask.)

Still wishing I could be there w/ y'all on Thursday...

Melissa said...

I have a best friend that is much the same as yours. She and her hubby beat the odds by marrying at 19 and having 2 children by age 21.
She is so who I run to for everything. My dream is that one day we will both live in the same town.

Simply Stork said...

how wonderful to have such a great friend :o)

~simply~

Heather said...

AWWWWW...I love BFF's. Mine is practically my sister.

Heathersmom said...

My BFF and I have been together since high school, and we are still
BFF. She has always been there for me in good times and bad and I hope that I have been there for her. A woman needs to have friends more than men do, I think.
Anyway, I am so happy that you have found such a good friend, always stay friends, she's a keeper.