I decided to go with the first one, given that I am a total blog addict, and there's no way I'm giving up my bloggy buddies just for a man who takes out the trash. Really, I love you guys that much. (Unless this guy shows up on my doorstep; then it's bye-bye blogs, hello heaven.)
Sorry if the print's too small to read. It says, "As long as I have legs to walk on, you'll never have to take out the garbage." This would be well appreciated at my house, since I am almost always the one to take out the trash. Both from the can to the garage, and from the garage to the curb on trash day. Despite the email I sent to Joe awhile back, which basically stated that trash is a man's job, and if he ever wanted s_x again, he would do his freakin' job! That one worked for, oh, about a minute, then it was back to me doing it. One week I rebelled, and who paid the price? Me, with trash cans overflowing in the garage right next to my van. The boy comes by it honestly; my MIL tells me her hubby NEVER took out the trash, and would even dump a filter full of used coffee grounds right on top, watch it dump onto the floor, and just walk away. Joe isn't that bad. He will do it if I ask him to. It just never occurs to him on his own. Sigh...the things we do to keep a happy house. I am not a nagger; I will just do it, then feel resentful, then let it build up until I explode (which usually happens to coincide with "that time" of the month).
This was not supposed to be a "rag on your man" post, really, it wasn't. Just turned out that way, I guess. Sorry, Joe...really, I do love you; (just don't forget, trash day is Thursday).
9 comments:
love this post...and it's totally not a rag on your man post.
i feel for you...my biggest peeve with the trash is that it gets puched down instead of taken out. r u kidding???
anyway, i think maybe God was teling me through your blog, which was through your email and through your...well, you get it...that i should appreciate the times hubby does take the trash out. or maybe it was just a nice way to remember hubby/. who knows.
I think that it is the little things that we appreciate so much. That little " I really love you and saw that the ----- insert task here, was getting overwhelming so I did it." Wow now that would work for me and there are times that he does that but most of the time I do it. That is why we had kids, now it is my son's job to collect the trash, take it to the cans and with Dad's help get it to the curb and back again. I cannot change the man but I can work on the boy. Good luck and in the end we all love the men we are with, they just will never see things like we do and that is the way it is.
I think if that guys showed up to take my trash out, I would fall over. Not b/c he is so hot but because some one besides me was taking out the trash. :)
Kipper saw this one before me, he thinks that all he is good for is playing baby and taking out the trash!!!!!
I say, he is good for screwing in lightbulbs I can't reach and for fixing broken toilets!!!!!!!!
My son takes out the trash. If the can is full he want even try to put it on top, just throw it on the ground for the dogs or cats to get into. Then we have a very big mess.
2 things I refuse to do, take the trash out and clean the tubs. Why those? Don't know! LOL
Great post! I also think it was God's way of saying it needed to go in your blog!!
Ah trash....this has started many arguments in my home. My man forgot to take it to the curb last week. So it is now overflowing and smells!
I totally feel you on that! My hubby will take out the trash if I ask, but the concept of doing it on his own is just non-existent :)
Oh well, I suppose it could be worse...
that's too funny that we both posted it!! :)
Post a Comment