Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Boy's Dream.

There are so many things that make this little guy of mine happy.

Hot Wheels, cheese, swimming pools, choo-choo trains, Mommy, the puppy, his fire-truck blankie.

But let me tell you, last week he was livin' the dream.

Joe had a friend come out to pour our new patio in the backyard. There were concrete trucks, mixers, pavers, and rocks galore at our house. And Gabe got to not only watch, but "help" move the rocks. He didn't help for long, because the pile of gravel beckoned like nothing else could. He got his Hot Wheels and a shovel and played for hours on that mountain. And of course, I ran in and got the camera to capture the moment.


He was so excited when this truck pulled up in front of our house. He waved to the driver everytime we got close, and was mesmerized by the sight of the concrete pouring down the chute into the portable "Wacker" driven by Joe's (hot) friend, Ronnie. Really, I just mean it was hot outside...


I was just trying to capture the cool machine for Gabe's scrapbook here. Really...

The "before" shot. You'll have to see the post about our weekend to see the after shots.


Gabe had such a blast playing with these dusty rocks. Makes you wonder why we even buy toys...

Here's one of those "take a pitcher of me" shots.


Yep, just dreamin'. Man, I love this boy. I cannot believe my baby is turning four this month. But that's fodder for another post. I'll just leave you with this adorable face for now...







5 comments:

Michelle said...

Daaaamn! Wish I could have been there to watch too. Get that boy a pile of rocks for the back yard, think of how many hours you could spend reading.

Jen said...

Isn't it just the simple things in life that make kids happy? Buy them toys and they don't play with them, give them rocks and dirt and water and they are happy for hours.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

He looks to be enjoying hisself.
I could only imagine his little face when they drove up. Good for him.

Heathersmom said...

Well, is this little boy a darling or what! He is just too cute and I miss him like the dickens. I need to come over soon so I can see him and his brother and sister.
This family is just too precious. Of course I am a little prejudiced being their mamaw and all. Love to all of you and God bless you all.

Maternal Mirth said...

SUCH a sweet face ... my oldest used to clammor for anything construction related, but nothing as much as what he called "an ex-cah-baiter" (excavator).

Very cute post!