Thanks, Melissa, for picking me for my very first game of "blogger tag"! I feel like a kid at recess, being the first one picked for the popular girls' kickball team :)
For those of you who have never played, here's how it works:
First you post the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been
tagged.
Then sit back and watch what the taggees write about themselves. Should be fun, so here goes:
One: I am as OCD as they come. My dishwasher has to be loaded a particular way (glasses on top, plates facing the same direction, spoons up/forks down, etc). Beds need to be made every day (Joe never does this). I have to be the one to put away the groceries; if Joe tries to help, I end up moving all the items around until they are "right". I can tell right away if a decoration or knicknack has been moved in my house, and I can't sleep until it is put in its proper place.
Two: It makes me crazy when my kids try to talk to me when I am blogging. Isabel especially likes to read over my shoulder and comment on this or that. Hello...Momma needs some space here.
Three: As OCD as I am, it does not bother me that the puppy has made a horrific mess of tissues and pencils and God only knows what else under my bed. I can't see it, therefore it doesn't exist.
Four: I love to get a new calendar. I love writing down all our plans and schedules for the month, then looking back at the end of the year and seeing all the things we did. I wish I would have done what Becky did, though: she has saved EVERY calendar from the time she and her husband were married (1993)! What a great idea!
Five: I grind my teeth at night. Have done it since I had two teeth to grind together (according to my mom). Once a teacher asked me if I had my canine teeth filed (they are smooth and flat, not pointy at all). If I drink tequila, I grind them so hard it wakes me up. Ouch!
Six: I am so addicted to blogging, it's not even funny. I feel like ya'll are my friends, although we have never met (except for you, Catherine). I am still holding out for a blogger reunion on December 12th (hello...Twilight movie premiere!). Who's in?
There, six things you never wanted to know about me and now do :) Now it's my turn to be "it". I tag:
Jennifer, Catherine, Melissa Lee, Lizzy, Jen and Angela...You're it! Fellow readers, click on the names of these awesome girls to take a peek at their blogs. They are my favorites! (BTW, Lula, I didn't tag you because I saw Melissa already did. But you are on my list of faves, without a doubt. You rock, girl!)
6 comments:
Boy, you are your mother's daughter
Love, MOM
Aw...your first tag. And you mentioned ME! I am feeling the love all the way over here in the mountains.
And I'm not going to mention your big event for this evening. Nope. Not gonna. 'Cause I'm so jealous and just wanna be there with you.
Will you at least tell me all about it tomorrow? Thanks!
I agree with the reading over the shoulder, I hate it when Jeff does it. But I am able to type while holding a baby, talented I know.
That is a cool idea with the calendars, saving them. I usually look back over the year before I get rid of it but maybe now I will try and save them.
I have already done this one, I combined it with some things else and posted 13 things about myself but you are the second person to ask me to do this. I will give it some thought and work on it.
Oh, I hope that you are enjoying you book club meeting tonight. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Oh, fun! This is what I needed this evening since I am feeling the blahs...hopefully that won't convey in my post. That would sure be a downer, huh?
You never know what treasures you might find under your bed!
Wasn't that fun!? I had this same tag (also my first) and had a great time thinking of my quirks!!
Love Ps 118:24. It's one of my favorites!
Okay, first let me say that I had a really cool comment all typed out and then my computer shut down! So, let me try and be as genius the second time around.
What I was saying was, the thing I love about blogging is that it validates all the things in me that I know are special. I get to show you a part of me that most people that just know me face to face never get to see. I don't know if we would click in "real" life or not(Personally, I think we would, but online we can be the best of friends. I have made so many connections that I haven't been afforded otherwise, being a SAHM. I live in the sticks and don't get out much (twitch, twitch). This is my outlet. Okay, that was probably way more info that you cared to hear, but I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed getting to know you and that's why I picked you!
P.S. If it wasn't so dern expensive, I'd get on a plane in December to meet my bloggy buddies for the premier of Twilight. That would be soooooo fun!
Post a Comment