Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How can that be?

How is it possible that it's been four years since you were born, Gabe? That you are now the age your big sister was when you were born? I blinked my eyes and you went from adorable newborn to vivacious preschooler in a minute.

In true blog tradition, I am dedicating this post to you for your birthday, big boy.


Top ten things we love about you, Gabriel William:

1. You have an amazing amount of energy. If I could bottle it up and sell it, I would be a rich woman. (I am still looking into this.)

2. You are the friendliest boy I have ever met. You pick a stranger that you think you might like, go right up to them and say "Hi, I'm Gabe, wanna be my friend?" in the cutest voice. Who could say no?

3. You have beautiful coloring. Olive skin, brown eyes, wavy brown hair; you were born with a tan, as Isabel always says.

4. You remind me so much of my dad, who died before you celebrated your first birthday. You look like him and you love a lot of the same things (Hot Wheels, Nascar, scary movies and books, E.T.). You have a special place in Mamaw Carol's heart because of this.

5. I love your nightly prayer: "Dear Jesus, I wuv you, the end".

6. You might not know your ABC's or 123's, but you can play Hot Wheels.com and Legos.com like nobody's business.

7. When you really like something, you say with such expression, "I SO wuv this!!!".

8. Your favorite food ever: cheese. Of any kind. In any shape or dish. Aunt Chelle's homemade macaroni and cheese is your all-time fave.

9. You love when Thomas the Tank Engine comes to town. Your eyes light up, you get so excited, and you have so much fun you can hardly stand it. And guess what? He comes back to town in two weeks, and you and I are going to take a ride on the real train this year!

10. You have brought such joy to this family; more than we ever expected. We thought we were done with two kids; God had a different plan; Isabel said a prayer asking for a baby brother or sister; you were conceived; we wouldn't have it any other way.

You are so loved by each one of us, Gabe. Happy, happy birthday, sweet boy of mine.

11 comments:

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

He is the sweetest little thing and handsome. Happy Birthday to you little man. Hope it's a good one! Much Love From Queen Bee!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Gabe!

Love ya
Aunt Chelle

BBB said...

Awwww... those are just too sweet. He is just the cutest thing. He's gonna be a heartbreaker for sure!!!!

Happy Birthday!

Lula! said...

Happy Birthday to Gabe!

He and I have a lot in common...but the one thing I wish we shared is his coloring. He's beautiful! Wish I'd been born with a tan, too.

I so need to be his friend.

Heathersmom said...

A big hug and kiss birthday boy from MaMa Carol. Have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute (which I know you will). I wish PaPa Bill could be here today to see what a fine boy you are but I know that he is watching over you all the time and keeping you safe. I love you sweetheart. Love, MaMa Carol

HiHoOhio said...

Happy Birthday Gabe, I hope you CAN like being 4 years old!!!!

Honorary Indian said...

OH, those boys sure can steal a mama's heart, can't they? Happy birthday, handsome Gabe!

What a joy to talk to you today...to hear your voice...which is exactly how I imagined you to be...kind, warm, funny, and someone I could so easily be friends with.

Totally awesome. I'm so grateful Catherine has you as she transitions to her new life in O-HI-O.

XO.

Melissa said...

Gabe, you had me at cheese. Happy Birthday, big boy!

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday!!! That is the sweetest prayer--short and to the point!

You aren't kidding, that olive sking is beautiful!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Gabe! He's such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute boy! Popping by via SITS