Ten days later, we're back in your CRX and heading up to Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie for a weekend of volleyball, drinking, eating, and camping (and other stuff). Did you know that Rhonda (my sister) and I had an alternative plan if you didn't ask me to go? I was going on that trip, one way or another. But you asked, I said yes, and we had the BEST time!
We were on top of Perry's Monument in Put-in-Bay for this pic. Totally a "Kramer" moment. I loved your long curly hair, and your sense of humor.
A little over a year later, here we were, at the ripe old age of 22, married and hysterically happy. I was already a nurse, you were still in college, we were living with your parents, and life was good. We had so many plans...
By January of 1998, I was three months pregnant with our first baby. We had our own cute little apartment in Sharonville, you had your first management job with Cintas, and we were looking forward to building our first house. I was so happy I could hardly stand it. Do you remember our little trip to the Bahamas ("Pretty lady wanna a braid?").
Fast forward to Elijah's first birthday in our new house, me already pregnant again with our second baby (yes, I did it on purpose...I LOVED being a mommy...Kay and I conspired to get you to comply with our plans, and you did.). By now, you were working at Home Depot and loving it, learning all kinds of handyman skills and using them to finish our basement. You constantly amaze me with your ability to learn and do just about anything. It's a little annoying sometimes...is there anything you can't do?
Happy little family of four...Isabel at one year, Elijah at two-and-a-half. At this point, our life was getting a bit unstable and crazy. House sold, renting your parents' old house, moving to a townhouse, changing jobs (for both of us). We loved those babies like crazy, though, and we were committed to making things work. We persevered. We made it.
August 2004, just after your 30th birthday, our "bonus baby" was born. And although Gabe was a surprise, you took it in stride. You love being a dad (one of the things I love most about you), and you do a great job of it. At this point in your life, you decided to go back to school to be a math teacher. I think you finally found your "niche". You are awesome with teenagers (I hope that extends to our own someday). And I am so proud of you.
Christmas 2007, at your mom's house. One of the things I love most about you is your love for your parents. You are always willing to lend them a hand, and more importantly, you love that your mom is one of my best friends. I love living two minutes from them; I love seeing you spend time with your dad (although I am a little jealous of that...I won't ever be able to do that with mine).Joe, it has been an amazing, crazy, maddening, but mostly great thirteen years. I'd be willing to bet you had no idea what was in store for you when you came to Harrison and picked me up that night so long ago. If you had, would you have run the other way? Or would you have done it all the same, knowing we would end up here? I love you, honey. Happy Birthday!
10 comments:
That's almost how me and Eric met -- He had just came out of a year long relationship and two days later we started seeing each other -- and two day before our 1 year annv. we were married and still together. Loved all the pictures and thanks for sharing all those wonderful memories.
that is the sweetest. LOVE the photos...you are a hottie too and oh Joe's hair!!!! Happy Birthday Joe!
that is the sweetest. LOVE the photos...you are a hottie too and oh Joe's hair!!!! Happy Birthday Joe!
You are blessed...what a beautiful family.
Joe and Edward? Girl, you have your hands full. I love it!
Is that not too funny that we both posted about our hotties today????
Happy Birthday Joe! Hope your day is awesome!
awwww - that's so sweet! Thank you for letting us walk down Memory lane with you!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! what great pictures and memories in this post! I hope you'll be back to visit again!
Happy B-day to your hubby. What an awesome family you have. Beautiful!
And PS - I just wanted to thank you for all the really sweet comments you've left on my blog of late - you're someone I'm really enjoying getting to know!
How sweet is that! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment