Monday, April 5, 2010

You ever have those moments when you're trying to blog, but your mind is a blank, and you sit staring at the screen without a word in your little head?


It's not often that I have nothing to say (just ask my family), but going back to work after almost two weeks off sucked the life right out of me last night.


On my way home this morning, munching my granola bar and swigging water to keep awake, I blew right by a state trooper at the not-so-slow speed of 75mph.  (My bed was calling my name, what can I say?)


The fact that I didn't even notice the cop until I was already past him tells you how tired I was.


I think my van must have the power of invisibility, though, because he didn't even notice me.   (Maybe he was tired, too...)


That burst of adrenaline got me the rest of the way home,  though.


So...where was I going with this?


Oh, yeah, the mind-blank-blogging-thing.


I was grateful this afternoon to see that I was tagged by Brainella for a photo tag post.


Ahh, blog fodder!  Thanks, Julia!  Here's the tag:


1. Open the first photo folder
2. Scroll down to the 10th photo
3. Post the 10th photo and tell the story about it
4. Pass this along to 5 other blogs





New Year's Eve, 2009.  On the right is my sweet friend, Monica, who pushes me to the limit every Friday morning during Muscle Max, runs marathons like they're nothing, and is my inspiration to get into shape (try looking at her perfect little body while you're struggling to do those last ten lunges...that'll inspire you).  In the middle is our friend, Diane, who I've known since our girls were five and twirling around in dance class together.  The three of us coached Girls on the Run last fall, and plan on doing it again this year.


Yeah, I don't have enough energy to tag five other bloggers.  If you, too, are in the need of some blog fodder, take the tag and run with it.


I'm gonna go sit in the sun and try to get rid of this farmer's tan I'm sportin'...

9 comments:

brainella said...

Glad I could help. That blank screen is sometimes a monster!

VKT said...

Lol Heather....I tagged you about a week ago sweet lady. I think you must have been too tired to see it. Love the photo....! I go back to work tomorrow...sigh.

Rebecca Jo said...

hate your in-shape friend! (kidding... kinda....) hehe!!!

Get out in that sun & let the Vitamin D pump you back up girl!

Jen said...

You are a lucky duck. Maybe the cop was sleeping. :)

stephanie said...

nothing like getting out of ticket! awesome.

Melissa said...

I have had those days of being so drained that you're not sure if the light was red or green and you just hope it was green and that a cop didn't see you and that no one was injured as a result of trying to avoid you blazing through the intersection.....sigh.

CaraBee said...

I used to have a white 90 Toyota Tercel. I drove that car like a bat out of Hades. I called it the "invisible jet" because I NEVER so much as got a second glance from cops. I suspect it had to do with the fact that no one would ever believe that car would go more than 50 miles an hour. Those were good times.

Natalie said...

What a great idea!

You are one lucky girl - I got pulled over last week but got a warning...:)

I get the blank blog screen scare, too. :)

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Angie's Spot said...

So happy for you that the cop was not paying attention! We've got all those speed cameras around here which has made me slow down considerably because of all the tickets in the mail that my friends have received.

And I love unexpected blog fodder. It rocks!