Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shine

"Precious jewel,
you glow,
you shine,
reflecting all
the good things
in the world."
-Maya Angelou


Last night was my niece, Danielle's, senior prom.

I couldn't wait to see pictures of her and her date, Kyle.  She was absolutely beautiful, as I knew she would be.

I am so proud of the woman she has become.  She is kind, athletic, smart and fun.  She loves her family, the Lord, and even her stinker cousin (yep, I'm talking about Gabe... :).  I'm blessed to have been part of her life since the day she was born, eighteen years ago.

Keep shining, Danielle.  We love you!



11 comments:

Michelle said...

awww, thanks Heather. You bring a tear to my eye. Love you.

I am very proud of my beautiful girl!

VKT said...

She is so beautiful Heather. I hope she had a wonderful time at the prom!

Shelley said...

Wow, she's a knockout. And that guy is SOOOO tall.

Suzann said...

she's just lovely.

her dress is beautiful.

I hope she had an amazing time.

CaraBee said...

Aw, what a beauty!

Gosh, prom, brings back memories. Sigh.

mama's smitten said...

What a wonderful young lady!And great role model!

mep said...

I'm with Cara. This brings back memories. My prom feels like a million years ago and like yesterday.

Natalie said...

Precious! She is on the right path - yeah for her. Love the Maya quote - she is one my absolute favorites.

Have a wonderful Monday, Heather!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Rebecca Jo said...

ok - is he super tall or is she super short? She's beautiful regardless! What a stunning dress!

stephanie said...

how fun! what a beautiful couple.

Brandy said...

I love her dress. That color is gorgeous!

My teen has his prom this weekend. His senior prom...