There are only about thirty days left 'til summer vacation.
Ahhh, summer.
Vacation.
Makes me want to plan the perfect family vacation. Which isn't going to happen during this frugal year of mine, but it sure is fun to dream...
It's so hard to decide. My top choices would be:
A beautiful beach, complete with friends for the kids, my own personal cabana boy, and endless margaritas:
Or a trip around the United States, seeing every historical monument/geographical location we've read about in our history books:
Or a cruise to exotic ports, for at least ten days:

Or a return to one of our favorite destinations, the Smoky Mountains, where we have made so many great family memories that the kids beg to go back every single year:

Any of the above sound awesome right about now.
What about you? What's your family's favorite destination? What is your dream vacation? Do share!


7 comments:
I would love to go to Ireland. I've been to most of the rest of Europe, but somehow never made it there. Neil has never been off this continent and he says the first place he visits "across the pond" will be somewhere they speak English. What he doesn't realize is that while they may be saying the same words, the "English" they speak in Ireland might as well be Greek when you add in the accent. It'll be good times.
I would love to go to Nantucket someday. Don't know why, but it just is a place that I have always dreamt of.
I love to go to the Smokies... just feels like tradition.
But a dream vacation for me is ALWAYS Disney! :)
I want to take the girls and Mr. B and his boys to both Kings Canyon National park where I spent a summer working, and to the Canadian Rockies cause they are just... amazing.
We went to a Puerto Vallarta, Mexico last year and stayed at a place called "Casa Velas". It was amazing - they literally had double lounges that were like bed on the beach and by the pool. I could whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it and I read three books in one week and endless magazines.
We are going to Disney this year with the whole crew. Yes, it will be fun. But guess which one is more rejuvenating? HA...
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
As a mother of small children, I have made my peace with the fact that I won't have a real "vacation" for years, but that's okay, I'm good with at least changing scenery!
We had a great trip to Hilton Head with my family last year and visit my in-laws in Florida every February.
Growing up, I had some great vacations in Destin, Hilton Head, and Sea Island (GA). I love the Smoky Mountains too!
Go South, way far South, Texas South!!!
Post a Comment