Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring break; a summary

Yes, I'm aware that spring break was last week.

The kids have already been back to school since Tuesday.

It's taken me this long to get my photos downloaded, edited, and imported onto my blog.

It was either do the laundry and cook dinner or blog.  This time the chores won; I can't promise that will be the case next week :)

To kick off spring break, my two friends, Diane and Monica, took our daughters to see Taylor Swift down in Cincinnati.  That girl puts on a great show!  Our girls loved it, and we all had a great night, singing along to Love Story and Our Song all the way home...


On Wednesday, we went to visit my sister (Rhonda), my two nieces and their new "puppy".  They recently rescued a 2-year old lab named Casper; he's so full of personality, and quite the entertainer.  He and Gabe got along fabulously, as I'm sure you can imagine!



Thursday, my scrapbooking sister, Michelle (whom some of you know) came over to make cards.  I had already done the designs and cut the paper, and she did the stamping and assembling.  It was so fun to visit and eat yummy LaRosa's pizza and catch up with one another...



And just like that, it was Easter Sunday.  We didn't do coordinating outfits for the whole family this year (remember my frugality resolution?), but the boys did match, and Isabel was adorable in her fully accessorized ensemble.



My two favorite pictures of the whole week:  my gorgeous "apple blossom" tulips and pink hyacinth...



and my gorgeous little girl, who is fast on her way to being not-so-little anymore...



Any great spring break moments you'd like to share?

8 comments:

Suzann said...

I've got nothing.
But it looks like YOU had fun.
My goodness Bella is beautiful.

Jen said...

I am living spring break right now. And it is just life as normal.

Rebecca Jo said...

I bet Gabe and a lab would = HOURS of entertainment for the both of them!!!

I literally gasped when I saw Bella... she's looking like a teenager! And she's stunning! She looks like her mama!!! ;)

CaraBee said...

Wow, Isabel looks so grown up! And what a beauty!

Spring break doesn't really mean much to me yet, except that there is less traffic from the elementary school across the street. Which I like. A lot.

brainella said...

Holy moley, she's gorgeous! You are going to need a big stick to beat the boys off very soon.

Spring break was Tulsa, chickens and lots of driving. I think I would have rather gotten stuff done here. :)

Shannon said...

Long gone are the wild days of Spring Break at the beach, huh? ;)

Was the dog really pulling the wagon?!

So good to see Michelle!

And yes... you're gonna need a big stick. She's a beauty!

VKT said...

Ah Heather,

Give that beautiful daughter a big hug today. I remember when my daughter was that age. She is 21 now. They grow up so fast. I love all your pics.....blessings

mep said...

Looks like a wonderful week! Spring Break for us was welcoming our new baby girl -- probably best spring break ever!