(Before the race...)
Taking off at the starting line (can you spot us? We're in the second row back, towards the left,)
Isabel did a fantastic job! We hadn't done nearly as much training as we did last fall for Girls on the Run, but we still finished in under 33 minutes. Isabel beat me by a whole minute! A little girl who was determined to beat Isabel sprinted in front of her at the last few yards, then promptly puked at the finish line. (Served her right; so glad Isabel isn't that competitive!)
We were drenched by the end of the race, but we both felt great! Look at that smile!
This race made us so excited for our fall session of Girls on the Run to start, and more determined to get conditioned and beat our time from last year. 9 minute miles, here we come!



6 comments:
9 minute miles???? WOW... I am thrilled when I do 12 minute miles... you two are my hero!!!!
So proud of that girl - what a foundation she is putting underneath herself, with being healthy & doing runs that benefit others! So impressive!
EWWW... to the girl who puked at the finish line... hello - its not THAT important to get in 10 seconds earlier...
What a great accomplishment! She's such an amazing kid! Way to go Isabel!
Way to go, Warriors! I bet it feels awesome to do something good for others and yourself at the same time!
Woo-Hoo! I so wish I could run at all.
You go girlies!!!
Wonderful and precious - what a positive thing you are doing WITH your daughter and modeling FOR your daughter! Nothing but good, I say. Nothing but good. This will so bond the two of you even more! Thanks for sharing these great photos - congrats!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
You go, girls.
Post a Comment