Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Something's working!

One of the "assignments" for this Spark diet I am on  is to create a collage of inspiration and hang it somewhere where you will see it every day.

This was the fun part, and right up my alley.  I found some pictures of me at my skinniest, my biggest, and my goal weight, then threw them together with some of my favorite quotes and patterned paper.  I hung it on my bedroom mirror, right next to my racing medals (sadly, only two, so far).






The quote that is working for me right now is the one on the right:

A dream is just a dream.  A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.

Love it.

Now for the not-so-fun part of dieting.  Portion control.  Not eating out often.  Not drinking (too much) alcohol.  Consistent exercise (although gardening burns some serious calories, and Gabe is loving when I jump on the trampoline with him!).  Did I mention portion control?

The mom in me struggles with seeing any food go to waste.  If the kids have a leftover anything on their plate, my inclination has been to just eat it myself instead of throwing it away or saving it for later.  I am curbing that impulse, and along with drinking five gazillion cups of water a day (okay, only eight, but it feels like a gazillion when I'm making my umpteenth trip to the bathroom), I am down two pounds!  And I have my energy back!

Now if I could only fit into my "skinny" jeans...

One more goal to add to my list.

Have you found a diet that really works?  What one thing do you struggle with giving up when it comes to being on a diet?  Do your "skinny" jeans fit?

(ps, thanks to everyone for your advice on my last post; looks like it's just allergies, which I hear are just awful right now.  Zyrtec and tylenol for the occasional headache have done the trick, without an expensive visit to the pediatrician.)

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

LOVE it! I totally want to make me an inspiration board like that!!!

Love the quote too.. may have to snag that... but I love the little bikini on your board!!! That's inspiration enough - right!

Dang - portion control is my problem too...that, & my dad's appetite! UGH!

CaraBee said...

What a great idea! And I like the woodwork and colors in your room!

The thing I'm struggling to give up is soda. I only have one a day, but that's 150 calories I could do without.

Suzann said...

That is a terrific idea!!
BTW - love the yellow in your bedroom.
I am going to have to check out that book.

brainella said...

Wonderful idea.

I've been doing the portion control also -- it's not hard but I also need to scale back on how much I make in the first place. THAT is the bigger problem for me. Good luck. :)

mep said...

I've been reading a book (on and off for months) called Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat. The book has been very enlightening to me in terms of making me more aware of the times I eat for reasons other than hunger.

I plan to post about it one of these days . . . when the post can be a success story perhaps!

Love the board and the glimpse of your room!