Our local Christian radio station has started to play Christmas music around the clock.
It's a great way to kickoff the season and get in the mood to drag dozens of boxes from the dusty storeroom in the basement and spend hours unpacking each and every item and try to find just the right spot for said item.
I digress.
The point of this is that a song has found it's way into my head and it won't get out. If my blog still had a musicplayer, it would be playing right now, and then it would be in your head.
Imagine The Sound of Music. Imagine Julie Andrews. Singing about a few of her favorite things.
Yep, you got it. A sweet little song. Nice to listen to. Brings a smile to your face, thinking about kittens and snowflakes and all.
Until it's stuck on "play" and "repeat" in your head for days on end.
Then it's not so sweet.
I thought maybe if I focused on a few of my favorite things, it might help stop the music:
Taylor Lautner, all grown up. I know he's only seventeen (I hear Kings of Leon crooning now...this is working!) All I can say is, holy abs, Batman! I'm still Team Edward, but oh my word...

Christmas lights. Even though some people have had them turned on since before Thanksgiving in my neighborhood... (Now, the musical version of "Sleigh Ride" is twirling around in my head. One of my favorites when I played flute in the school band.)

Ah, a bellini. Peach nectar, champagne, with a cherry in the bottom. Pure delight when enjoyed with co-workers after a long night (yes, we drink alcohol at 8 in the morning...don't judge until you've worked a night shift or two). Now, I'm hearing "Pour Some Sugar on Me"...

Card-making. I love to sit in my craft room and make Christmas cards. I have fifty to make this year, along with another fifty all-occasion cards I'm making for teacher gifts. Gabe and Isabel both love to create alongside me, usually jamming to the soundtracks from Glee and New Moon. "Defying Gravity" is one of my favorites. Not watching Glee yet? 9pm on Wednesday nights on Fox. Don't miss it!
Ahh, now I feel better. No more raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens whirling around my head.
Although, I'm strangely in the mood for some schnitzel and noodles...
What Christmas song stays in your head until you want to scream? What are a few of your favorite things? Wanna meet us for bellinis next Tuesday morning?

19 comments:
How cool!!
I prefer to hear Grandma got run over by a reindeer. LOL
Glee? Oh no. Can't do it. Just can't.
Okay, maybe.
Making cards? We need to be neighbors!
Your card is beautiful!!! That's talent!!!
Defying Gravity is my fav off the GLEE soundtrack.. but love them all! Dying for the next soundtrack! Supposed to be out in a few weeks. Hoping "Imagine" is on that one... did you see that? I had chills & teared up!!!
I feel so wrong staring at that 17 yr old's abs.... but they did NOT make 17 yr old boys like that when I was that age!
Love that card. I make my own cards too but opted not to do it this year; one less thing to worry about. And I kinda feel guilty about it but I kinda don't. :)
Bellini. Hmmmm....
You have a gift. I love your card making abilities. I fully hope to receive a card this Christmas....:)
I'll email you my address....:)
What a fabulous picture and a minor! Seriously, wasn't he the boy from Cheaper by the Dozen 2? How does that happen? One minute they're 12 and high pitched, the next they're 17 and morphing into sexy werewolves....I just don't think it's right for me to be looking at someone's baby boy like that.....:) Maybe when he's 18 I won't feel so guilty.
BTW, that's supposed to be "of a minor".
You and I really do have a lot in common! You had me at bellini!!
:-) And colored Christmas lights. And yeah, I love "My Favorite Things". I have a lyric-less version by John Coltrane that I adore. But since I know the lyrics, they still get stuck in my head!
And your cards were gorgeous!!
I keep wanting to catch Glee but never checked when it's on. Thanks for the update.
Charisse
I love your cards! You're so talented.
The Glee soundtrack is AWESOME. And what I will be jamming to today when I {finally} finish my tree. {Thank goodness for canceled booster meetings!}
I love your favourite things... I might have to have my girlfriend over for a Christmas night and have a few drinks now... looks too tasty!!
My text to Lula when I left the theater was, "Holy-Jacob-Black-Abs!"
Man, that is something else.
I am waiting to post my New Moon review until his 18th birthday.
That card? Ridiculous.
I'm so jealous that you have a craft room all to yourself. Wah. I want one.....boo hoo for me. LOL.
yeah, my song is I'll be home for Christmas.
No judging from me girlfriend. If I could, I'd be right there with ya. I remember the night shift all to well.
How is it that there are people out there who are NOT watching the greatness that is Glee?! How is this possible?!
Holy Batman Abs indeed! Ooolala
I'm making an English Christmas punch for my party on Saturday....have you ever had that? I hope it's good!
Love the Christmas card!!
Feliz Navidad.
Never goes away once it gets in there.
I love all of your favorite things.
We have never done Christmas lights on our house. But I think we might start soon. A girl should grow up in a house with lights!
I really need to get the Glee soundtrack. I'm still dancing around to Single Ladies. Although I'm not sure if that's on there, but I can only think of that show when I hear it.
Jacob Black. Sigh. So yummy.
You think getting a song stuck in your head is bad. My mom, a few years ago, kept complaining about her neighbor playing an organ and singing all day and night. She said the only positive thing about it was that many of the songs were from her childhood. She went away to visit my sister in Missouri and woke up the first morning in tears. The music had followed her. Scary huh! She is very hard of hearing and apparently it is common for aging people to experience this phenom. Now she ignores it or harmonizes along. Holly
I want a bellini!!!!!
I now have Defying Gravity in my head...so...thanks for that.
p.s. You played flute? Wow--didn't know that!
Your card is beautiful!!! That's talent!!!
Work From Home india
feel so wrong staring at that 17 yr old's abs.... but they did NOT make 17 yr old boys like that when I was that age!
kobe beef japan
Post a Comment