Monday, December 28, 2009

Chatty Cathy

I must admit, at times I am a "Chatty Cathy", even though my name is Heather.

And though it seems hard to believe, at one time I was even considered to be a shy girl. (Notsomuch anymore...).

A little over two years ago, in September of 2007, I started this blog as a way to advertise my scrapbooking/cardmaking business, keep my family updated on my kids, and be able to enter a contest on another blog (I thought I had to have a whole blog, not just a google account, to leave comments!).

This blog has become so much more than I had ever imagined. I have made so many online friends, many of whom have become real life friends. I have vented, complained, bragged on my kids and my husband, loved on my kids and my sisters, and found an outlet for that chattiness we were talking about earlier. (Sometimes Joe gets tired of hearing me talk...hard to believe, I know).

That being said, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this post marks the big:



Yep, you read that right...five-hundred!

500 big ones. (Posts, that is.)

See, warned you I was chatty.

Here is a glimpse of me and the kids from when this all began:

And a post celebrating such chattiness in the form of blogging just wouldn't be the same without a contest. And for those of you who know me, you can probably guess what the prize is...

Have you guessed yet?

It's not a new car.

It's not a new Keurig coffee maker (although I do LOVE the one Joe got me for Christmas!).

Okay, I'm not much for suspense.

Put your name in the proverbial hat by leaving me a comment, and you'll be in the running for a set of handmade cards, created by yours truly. I haven't made them yet, but I promise they'll be a great prize! Here's an example...

Drawing will be held on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, depending on my mood and if I have gotten rid of this stinking upper respiratory infection or not.

Stay tuned for the winning announcement!

(And now the challenge will be to not blog from now until then...I don't know if I'll make it!)

13 comments:

CaraBee said...

Congrats on 500! I think I'm getting close to that. I should probably check. I never realize I'm at a landmark post until after the fact.

It's amazing to see how much the kids have changed in these two years. It feels like the time has flown by, but when you see what babies they were, it seems like a long time ago. Memories...(singing)

Suzann said...

I for one am thrilled that you blog. I am so happy to have gotten to know you.

LOVE my Keurig too. It is dreamy!!!

Now, I have seen your card handiwork and I MUST be included in this drawing of yours. And of course, you'll have to pick ME. LOL

Rebecca Jo said...

Congratulations!!!! 500... isnt that amazing to think of all the posts you have done? & to think of the ones you have still to come?!

And what a fun giveaway! Fingers crossed!!!!

brainella said...

Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I loved the Christmas ones I got in the auction.

500 posts! Wow. Congratulations. I've almost hit 400.

I've never heard of Keurig. Should I look into this?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

500?! Wow! I think I still have a bit to go. Of course I have been a total slacker blogger this year. That whole hospital, icu thing rather threw me off my game. Then again, I am not quite sure how I managed to have time...or enough to chat about...when I blogged daily.

Anyway...many congrats on your first 500 posts!

BBB said...

WOW Girl!!! You rock with the blogging!!!!!!!

Congrats on 500 Cathy!!

And um... DUH I WANT ME SOME OF DEM CARDS!!!!!! One just isn't enough!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Holy Moly....500, amazing! When I was busy making the quilts I wanted to delete my blog because I wasn't posting. But I couldn't do it because of the reasons you mentioned! I'm a chatty Cathy as well....I need this for an outlet....John, too, gets tired of listening to me. :)

I love your cards so put me in that hat!!!

Brandy said...

Congrats on your chattiness! I love the old pic. Look at that long hair! ♥

I saw first hand how amazing these cards are so I definitely want it.

Melissa said...

Wow!!! Totally excited to win these cards! I've seen firsthand your clever craftiness and I totally want these!!!!
I'm so glad I got to meet you and my other bloggy girlfriends in November. I only wish it had lasted longer.
Lucky girl with a Keurig. I'm not too jealous!

stephanie said...

oh yeah... you know you want me to win!!! :)

HiHoOhio said...

I just made 200! Coffee pot too!!!!

Shannon said...

And this is what I get for checking out blogs in my Google Reader... I forget to come over and comment on the post! Grrrrr...

Anyway, congrats on 500! Here's to 500 more! ;)

Angela said...

Congratulations on the milestone, and I am so bummed I missed this contest! We had family visiting over Christmas and I was miserable with a UTI at the time (ugh) so I was not around online much last week. But the example you posted is gorgeous and I am sure the cards will be lovely! I'm off to see who won!