My childhood memories include both artificial trees and the real deal. One year we even went and cut down our own tree (I seem to remember a lot of cursing coming from my dad as he sawed the thing down). The last few years at home we used the artificial tree; I'm sure mom was tired of vacuuming up the fallen needles.
Our first married Christmas, I really wanted a real tree. We got one. It was beautiful.
Then we had babies, and were worried about allergies and fire hazards and sharp needles poking tiny hands. We bought an artificial tree and used it for a few years.
For the past three years, though, we have had real live Christmas trees. Our Home Depot tree (which was probably cut in October) lost so many needles that it looked like a pine forest on our carpet each morning. Last year, we handpicked our tree from the local nursery in town, and it was the best tree ever. The kids had a great time picking out just the right tree, and it made for a great memory.

The only disadvantage is that we have to buy a new tree every year, and we must wait until December to put it up, to avoid the needle-dropping experience of Christmas-past.
We are getting a real tree again this year, and probably will for many more. I love this part of Christmas, and the kids do, too. But I thought I'd take a poll...
Which is it for you? The Fraser fir or the artificial pine?

Curious minds wanna know!
15 comments:
I would really like to get a fake tree, it just seems easier. But Jeff likes real trees. He grew up with a real tree and wants that for the kids. I am fine with that, I just wish he would remember to water it once and a while.
is that a beer bottle tree? Love it!
Love your new bloggy make-over, too.
Girl, we have 6 trees...yes, 3 of them are small, but still. They're all faux. All pre-lit. And all make my life easier.
I have Pine scented Scentports from Bath & Body Works. It totally smells like a Christmas tree farm up in here. So I WIN!!!!!!
xoxo
I have never had a real tree... even as a kid, we had a faux one. My mom never wanted the hassle that comes with a real tree. And I guess you pretty much stick with whatever you've grown up with, you know?
We did get a real tree, once.
Here's my problems.
1. It's messy
2. It seems horrid to chop down a tree for no reason
3. It's insanely expensive
So, I am a fake tree kinda gal. It's quick, it's easy, no one has to die, and it's uber cheap.
Way liking the bloggy look today chicka.
I miss having a real tree, but I don't miss stringing lights and throwing away a dead, bare tree. A couple of years ago, after Christmas, I went to WM and bought a 7 ft. pre-lit skinny tree. I. love. my. skinny. tree. It fits nicely in the corner and all I have to do is fluff the branches. Done deal. I may even leave the ornaments on it after Christmas this year.......:)
When I was a kid we ALWAYS had a real tree. Always. And I distinctly remember my Dad telling my stepmom several years ago that HE would always have a real tree.
Um, they have an articifial tree. :) I guess she won that battle since she was the one taking care of it.
As for Stevie & I, we've always had an artificial tree. You would have to know him to understand but pine needles on the floor everyday would make him geek out.
I'm a fake tree gal all the way! It breaks my heart to see dead trees on the side of the road after Christmas... its the environmentalist inside of me...
Ever see Friends with Phoebe & the Christmas trees? That's me!
We had a real tree always; as a child and now. We get it from St. Brigid Catholic church each year. The little hassles are worth I think. :)
BTW...love that family picture. It's gorgeous.
We always had a real tree growing up and I LOVED it. I love the smell. You can sort of duplicate that with candles and such, but it's not quite the same. We have an artificial tree now. Neil hates the idea of cutting down a new tree each year. Thinks its environmentally wasteful or some such BS. Whatev. I love a real tree. He's standing firm on this one, though. Sigh.
I have a fake one - most apartment complexes frown upon things that make fire easily.
Once Mr. B and I are Mr. & Mrs. B and have a house, then I'd like to at least have a real tree in the family room. The house that we put the offer on this week has a great place in the formal living room for a tree, and that one will probably be fake.
REAL AND ONLY REAL!
Fake, fake, fake...I hate vacuuming up leaves. Hubby is a fireman so he won't do real.
Real, real, real. And yes, I have this argument with my husband every year. But he always loses, LOL! It's just not Christmas without the scent of Fraser Fir, tree sap on the presents, and all those needles. I don't even mind the needles everywhere. Again, it's just part of Christmas. I'd rather have real and messy any day, over the artificial kind.
LOVE the blog header! Beautiful photo of you guys!
Real is fine unless you have allergies. Are you trying to keep me away from your house with all those cats and a real tree?! I will have to load up on the meds before I come over to make cookies. (I am so excited about that my mouth is watering.)
I thought you were gonna switch to a fake tree this year after envy of my beautiful new tree. LOL.
I would really like to get a fake tree
Work From Home india
Post a Comment