(NOT.)
We woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning.
The first of the season, which explains the excitement.
(And perfect timing, since I just finished the Christmas decorating last night.)
Elijah and Isabel ran to the computer, convinced that our school's website would announce a Snow Day, or at least a delay. To their dismay, and my relief, school was most definitely in session.
I'm not ready for snow days yet. I have presents to wrap, shopping to do, and coffee to drink, folks. We just spent two days together, doing family Christmas stuff (which was great, don't get me wrong...I simply need a small break, that's all).
So, bundle up, kids, you've got a bus to catch and Mom's coffee is calling her name!
12 comments:
We got about 38 snowflakes on Saturday morning -- you had to REALLY pay attention but they were there.
I miss snow.
Got us some snow here too. Not much, but enough to be pretty and enough for me to know that my car sucks in the snow. Yup, I'm having a pity party.
We ended up getting 2-3 inches on Saturday but the roads were clear by Saturday night since the temps went up. That means ours had school today too. [:
Yeah - we got 2/3 inch of snow... seriously! How sad is that! (& I just looked - its already melted) but you'd thought we'd have 3 FEET with all the traffic problems this morning!
I actually miss snow days. Of course, snow days for me meant that I got to stay home from work.....I lived in SD before kids.
I need to buy some wrapping paper....Hobby Lobby has 50% off all their Christmas wrap....
We got about an inch on Saturday morning...
and bless Caroline's heart, when she saw that most of it had melted by this morning, she asked, "Is Christmas over?"
Love it.
Last Friday, Hayden had a snow day. It wasn't his Friday to go since he goes every other but he was excited none the less.
Psych!!!!
Aw, I bet they were so bummed!
But I hear you. Christmas vacation starts in just 16 days. Unless there's a good foot of snow on the ground during the next two weeks, these kids had better be in school!
We got an inch or so on Saturday, but it is pretty much all gone now except for a few shady spots. I remember how great snow days were as a kid. But very rare. Seems like nowadays, they cancel school at even the forecast of snow. Weak. It had to be 18 FEET deep before they canceled it back in my day. Yes, I'm a hundred.
We were supposed to get snow over the weekend...well, a few flakes anyway. I never saw 'em. Today is just rain and yuck. But I am always thankful to send Madalyn out the door so that I can get some things done.
Lol! I loved snow days - and still do! I keep hoping for one now becuase, in this house, we can't possibly get out of our neighborhood if it gets icy at all. I keep hoping for a day off, LOL!
Post a Comment