I had to work Friday, Sunday and Monday so that I could be off the rest of the week in preparation for Isabel's birthday party coming up this weekend. The hospital is busy, full of super-sick patients (unrelated to H1N1, though). I worked my tail off last night; I'm so glad I'm not back until Sunday night.
We've been decking our halls...
(notice Autumn's favorite spot beneath the tree)

Gabe has been "helping" me make cards. Nearly all of my Christmas cards have been signed, sealed and delivered (just need to make one more batch and then I'm done)...

Some of these cards were made on my bloggy-retreat back in November (recognize any?)...

Gabe had his "Breakfast with Santa" program at preschool. He sang AND did all the motions for the songs this year (unlike last year, when he barely stood still and refused to sing one word)...

We tried to get a good photo for Christmas cards. Gabe was done being cooperative...
In keeping with a new yearly tradition, we spent an evening at the local winery with our friends, Catherine and Kipper. They brought their friends, Julie and Ray, and we spent hours drinking, laughing, eating, drinking and talking. It was a great time!
Catherine was the first blogger friend I met in real life; since our very first meeting, we've become great friends, as have our daughters and our husbands...amazing what the blogworld can do!
Don't even ask (I'm pretty sure we were only on our first bottle of wine at this point)...
Thanks to an extremely loud company party going on in our room of the winery, we received complimentary bottles of wine from the owners. Merry Christmas from Valley Vineyards :)
That extra bottle of wine is going to come in handy, I have a feeling.
So, what have you been up to?




10 comments:
Nice to hear what you've been up to!!! I can't believe it is only ten days till the big day!! Oh my!!!
Glad that you are well. Glad that you have some time off now.
I recognize the snow globw card from EE09.
It looks like you all had a great time (glad y'all didn't get run out of the room( teehee
Well, at least you're having some fun!
Me? Shopping, Wrapping, cleaning, cooking, baking, shopping, laundry, and trying to figure out why my feet hurt so danged much from all this standing!
Can it be January? Please???
UGH.
Okay, you're smiling. I'll try to smile. No. Seriously. I will. Okay. I lied. But I'll think about it.
Complimentary wine?
Niiiice.
I wanted to open a bottle the other night... but couldn't find the corkscrew. Apparently, I left it in some cabin a month ago...
It still amazes me that you can juggle work (as a Nurse!) and still maintain a home & a happy family! Love the decorations....Love the cards!
I have been panicking a little about the quilts.....I won't have time to sew until Sunday....ah, I hope I get them done!
Oh and I LOVE GLEE, too!! I, too, have a school girl crush on Mr. S! mmmmm
Such a busy time of the year, isnt it!!!! Glad you got some time to drink & laugh & drink :) hehehe!! Hey, whatever gets us through - right?
How cool that you have such a good friend (of bloggy origins) so close to you! I wish even one of mine did. But alas, you are all so far away. Sigh.
The cards are spectacular! I was so impressed with your handiwork! (watching the mailbox, ahem)
You've been busy as have I. This time of year is always so insane! Your house looks beautiful!
I need your address. I'm going to try and sit down tonight and get my cards finished. I just haven't been very motivated. I'm exhausted, frankly. I can't wait to see pics from Isabel's party!
After seeing how fun your tree is with the multi-colored lights, I'm going with them next year. We have the clear ones and they are pretty but I love the multi lights.
Dominic is counting down the days; he apparently is sharing this at school with all his friends. Think he's excited?
And having wine handy is the only way to celebrate happily!
your house looks beautiful. It sounds like you are going to have a GREAT Christmas!
Post a Comment