Thursday, December 24, 2009

Every year, my kids are delighted to see the nativity making its entrance into the corner of our church. Gabe loves the camels and the fancy clothing of the three kings, while Isabel loves the baby Jesus and the angel above.

Myself? I can relate to the absolute love that Mary has for her infant son, not caring whether he was the savior or not. All of us mothers know in our hearts that God has great plans for our children; can you imagine really knowing it, like Mary did? What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Merry Christmas to all of you, my blog friends. I hope this day is filled with love and peace and laughter for each and every one!


7 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Our church one year did a series around Christmas about how we can relate to everyone in the Nativity scene - it was pretty cool!!! I can sit & stare at Nativity's for so long - taking in the beauty of it all...

Hope you & your family have a magical Christmas together that is full of wonder!

Suzann said...

Merry Christmas!

brainella said...

Merry Christmas, Heather. Have a wonderful and joyous holiday!

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas, Heather!

Elena said...

Your comments have been on both blogs I looked at this morning. (I know I've seen you forever.) And I just thought it was time to come check you out. LOVE the 80's theme....brilliant. Merry Christmas, hope it's wonderful for you!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!!!

Angela said...

Hope you guys had a GREAT Christmas and (now) new year's!

Love the nativity. And I agree, I don't even have kids yet, but I often wonder how Mary must have felt, knowing what her Son would become. Amazing!

Hugs to you guys!